• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the new normal? What could be perceived junk asking at premium prices.

@70ChargerRT

IMG_4456.jpeg
IMG_4457.jpeg

Us old guys ...
I remember as a young person going to swap meets with my dad and looking around saying why does every one have grey hair that have the cool cars
Umm now I have grey hair ......

I have been buying 68 to 70 Chargers since 1980. I have owned more than 100 of them, and although there was the myth that 70 Chargers were cheaper or less desirable,I have never seen this supposed difference in price for any of the three years for equal cars in equal condition. I believe that the Dukes of Hazzard made the 69 more popular, and some people may think that they had to settle for a 68 or 70. If there ever was any difference in price for 70 Chargers, the fast and furious series erased any difference in price or desirability.

I would look for a much more complete car,with the best body you can find even if it is ten grand more.

All these cars are worth whatever they all say as long as they keep fighting eash other to own one. The madness at that point will never end and stupid takes over. As far as I'm concerned, the parties over and the ice creams turned to ****. Being able to afford it has nothing to do with, not worth it to me! I could have saved my time by just tagging on to Wayne's comment. Chargers are just fine, but not stupid fine, again not me.

All these cars are worth whatever they all say as long as they keep fighting eash other to own one. The madness at that point will never end and stupid takes over. As far as I'm concerned, the parties over and the ice creams turned to ****. Being able to afford it has nothing to do with, not worth it to me! I could have saved my time by just tagging on to Wayne's comment. Chargers are just fine, but not stupid fine, again not me.
Guy I bought my Hemi GTX from had sold a '70 Charger to acquire the GTX. After selling the car to me, he down graded to a D100 pick up. I think he's smarter than these folks driving the current Charger prices.

The guy selling the Charger has these two cars listed also
1970 Challenger | Classic Cars | Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji

1970 Challenger​

$18,500
Posted 12 days ago
As shown with a shelf full of parts, glass, trim and most interior parts.No motor or trany. Ownership in hand. For more info please call or text Bill

1968 Road Runner (Beep Beep) | Classic Cars | Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji

1968 Road Runner (Beep Beep)​

$25,000
Posted 3 days ago

Original paint,383 engine, bench seat car. This car is very solid and comes with the build sheet and ownership. It has one quarter panel replaced and I have a new one for the other side as well. I also have a rust free drivers door. All glass , trim and most parts are there. The bench seat is missing. For more info please call or text Bill

Just to keep all three ads together I added the Charger ad

1970 Charger 500 | Classic Cars | City of Toronto | Kijiji

1970 Charger 500​

$28,000
Posted 11 days ago

Needs full restoration. I have all the new panels that are needed. Factory 318 car with floor console. All trim, glass, bumpers and most interior are there. Two 440 blocks , trany and rear diff are also there. For more info and pictures pleas call or text Bill

Guy I bought my Hemi GTX from had sold a '70 Charger to acquire the GTX. After selling the car to me, he down graded to a D100 pick up. I think he's smarter than these folks driving the current Charger prices.
Here's how I see it. I once had a place that was cheap and I was flipping it. I was auctioning it and things were slow and I knew I was going to eat this one. I the did the next best thing, I bid on it and they hit. I bid on it four times till the frenzy took hold and stupid kicked in. Just like these cars, it works every time, why, fear of missing out.

Here's how I see it. I once had a place that was cheap and I was flipping it. I was auctioning it and things were slow and I knew I was going to eat this one. I the did the next best thing, I bid on it and they hit. I bid on it four times till the frenzy took hold and stupid kicked in. Just like these cars, it works every time, why, fear of missing out.
I did the same thing with my third GTX when I sold it at the Kruse auction in Auburn, Indiana back in 1998. Drove the car on the block at no reserve to save on commission and entry fees. Wife was in the gallery with a bidder card. When the bidding stalled, she started upping it, brought the hammer price up 80% before she was done. On an auction house sale with reserve, the house does the same thing. I wonder how many of these Charger sales have a shill working behind the scenes.

Okay, pick it up as is and drop it by a restoration shop. Now add $175K or more and you'll have a finished car. I'm not a "Charger" guy at all and could care less how they're priced, so have at'r.
What’s changed? It’s always been this way with full blown restorations. Deduct $25k for yesterday’s price it’s still a $150k resto.

I used to be able to restore them to nice driver quality cars for 10 to 12k in the early nineties! Those were the days!

People with money don’t give 2 shits about car values, you can throw those numbers out the window. It’s always been this way. The same way people have been paying for full restorations for the last 20 years. No matter the cost of the project you’re always way over the total value of the car unless it’s some rare car worth millions. Am I saying the car is worth the asking price? Hell no it ain’t! It seems just a few years ago you could buy a super nice 70 500 in the $20k range. Now they want that for junk. What!!!??? They are now worth $50k+ but restomods just like it have been fetching $125k+.

Kindigs builds start at 250k and he has a two year waiting list. Mike Mancini's shop has a three year waiting list as of right now.

I did the same thing with my third GTX when I sold it at the Kruse auction in Auburn, Indiana back in 1998. Drove the car on the block at no reserve to save on commission and entry fees. Wife was in the gallery with a bidder card. When the bidding stalled, she started upping it, brought the hammer price up 80% before she was done. On an auction house sale with reserve, the house does the same thing. I wonder how many of these Charger sales have a shill working behind the scenes.
Good for you!! It's a old game and is done all the time. When I first got married I was dirt poor. The older women next door to me was breaking up household to move to a nursing facility. I went over to her house to look at a drier I needed so I'd be ready to start the bid. He said 5 bucks and I raised my hand, he said 10 and no one bid. He then pointed to the corner and said, we have 10, do we have 15. I looked over and a man looked at me as to say, not me. I then stopped the bidding and asked the auctioneer to show me who the last bigger was. He said over there and I said where. Several people said not me, he turned red in the face and knew I had him by the balls. I got it for 5 bucks. I can only hope he practiced a little more before he tried that again.

As I said to RC, I feel like I got my car for free in 2018 compared to what's going on now. Mine is just a 65 coronet nobody wants, but me. I paid for the history of it, not the car. Just my opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back