• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s Snowing! Hurry up – Get your Milk, Bread and Eggs ready!

Thanks for reminding me I need to keep a carton of smokes an extra lighter, alcohol (drinking kind) and a gallon size piss jug in my pick up...

A useful guide just for you, polywideblock....
heat.jpg

The same hysteria takes place in Florida when there is a remote chance of a hurricane......first thing the plywood sheets are gone from Home Depot/ Lowes, then there is a run on flashlight batteries, after that the water/ bread/etc.....
I have lived through many of them in Fort Lauderdale including Katrina, which tore the roof of my place and brought down Royal Palms on the neighboring isles.
The weather channel is the main culprit in this hysteria, to watch that fool Cantore or one of his accomplices out there trying to spread panic and find a water puddle or an inch of snow to zoom in on and say: "it's really bad out here folks, best to stay home"!!

I heard that Snow Mountain in Georgia had to close the other day because of ......real snow. Go figure....

If you go to the grocery store the night before a snow storm, you will find out which breads people like the least.

I took the big mutt to get his nails trimmed today and as I was cruising through town I saw that the supermarket lot was jam packed. Funny. Stupid people to lazy to take care of things ahead of time.

even when the worst snow storms come through........ the roads are clear and stores are open the following day, 2 days tops

Winter comes around every year. The "Almanac" says so.:)
Also, late night darkness is followed by early morning light.---Do we stock up with flashlights and batteries in the morning to prepare for the coming (predicted) darkness of the coming night?

No big deal here unless your stranded on the road or something. The roads are kept well plowed though so you wouldn't stranded for long. I just have to keep the livestock out of the wind. Especially the chickens.

I'm a die hard duck and goose hunter. Follow the weather hoping for storms. The forcast are just plain wrong many times, or really exaggerated. The wind or rain fall is a fraction of what they predict. Weather channel is the worst.

there was no doubt that it was a bad evening up on the divide, 3 + feet of snow and near blizzard conditions and plenty of ice. It got better at the bottom. Coming up the west side there were a lot of truckers sitting it out without chains. Nobody wants to see a tractor trailer sliding sideways down the divide in the dark during a blizzard.
You have never had to chain an 18 wheeler in the dark during a snow storm freezing your buns off and fingers also. Just let the dam thing sit till the weather changes. Taking the risk of loosing your life and lively hood is not worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back