• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've got new doors!

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Last December I picked up the new 10'x10' 2" thick insulated garage doors for my shop. Today I finished the installation (minus the weather strip)! A good friend assisted me over the three days it took (hey, I'm old). This set of doors has four lites per door so it's like being in a whole new shop. Should cut down on power usage and space conditioning costs too! The old set were rusting out after 25 years. This set will outlast me.
Mike
IMG_2828.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG

Awesome Mike.... and they look very nice!
They let plenty of natural light in too.

WooHoo!!! Glad it was the shop doors, I was afraid it was your car & your old ones might have gotten blown off... Just Kidding...

However in my younger days there was a story about a Mini Merchant Ad for a pair of 68 Camaro doors being found along side a local road where an occasional late night speed contest may or may not have occurred...

Nice Mike.
I have a row of windows in my 10 x 10 doors too. If I were to do it again, and if I had more privacy, I'd consider all glass doors.

Nice Mike.
I have a row of windows in my 10 x 10 doors too. If I were to do it again, and if I had more privacy, I'd consider all glass doors.
I am delighted with the additional light but, adding the windows to three panels cost me $1600.00 extra. Privacy-not a big deal-cost-more of a big deal!
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back