• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack stands on all four courners

Hope I'm not hijacking a thread here, but I'm searching on the forums for this info so as not to actually duplicate threads. And this is pretty much along the same topic. I'm new with all this once again, so please correct me if I'm wrong... (remembering from my teen years)....

We can use a floor jack under the front K member, or under the front control arms, or on the side frame rails behind the front wheels, ....and under the differential (center of the pumpkin), or under the side frame rails in front of the rear wheels (in front of the spring mounts)?

We can support the car with jack stands under any of those points as well, and also under the rear tubular axles?

Does that pretty much sum it up?

I will soon need to pull all my wheels & take them somewhere to have new tires mounted. It would be nice to take all four off at once, supporting the car on jack stands (but I may do the fronts & rears separately to avoid the "balancing act" otherwise required).

I know this is pretty basic stuff, but it's been a while since I was a teenager(!!) when I did my own maintenance like this (I'm on a steep learning curve) & I don't want to damage my car.
:praying:

Last edited:
I am scared of jack stands now and would probably be scared of the wheel cribs too. I pretty much hate being under a car. I don't mind the truck where all 4 wheels are on the ground.

Auto Transport Service
Back