• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack stands

They arrived today via UPS in an undamaged box. JS were separated and protected by cardboard and wrapped in layers of tough plastic. No rattling around in the box!

Very nice jack stands!

IMG_20200528_172747017_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200528_173403962_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200528_173419920.jpg
IMG_20200528_173446291.jpg

Sturdy cardboard...
IMG_20200528_180439793.jpg

Last edited:
You guys find any other place to buy the US Jack besides directly from them? Just checked and they are backordered.

I don't know of any other place. Their 3 ton jack stands have been in short supply for awhile because of high demand. Check with them. You might have to wait only 2 weeks.

I don't know of any other place. Their 3 ton jack stands have been in short supply for awhile because of high demand. Check with them. You might have to wait only 2 weeks.
Looking for the 6 ton models. Website says backordered till mid July. I'll keep checking back with them. No doubt they are back logged because of the HF recall.

I don’t know why anybody would buy 3 ton jackstands, with something like jacks, jackstands, slings, chains, things that trust for life and limb. I want major overkill.

I bought a pair of 3 and 6 ton jacks from US Jack last month, they make them about 10 miles from where I live, great quality, and well worth the money. After I returned the recalled Harbor Freight jacks I kinda poked myself to get a clue and stop trying to save a couple of bucks on something the WILL save your life.

Dale
SW Michigan

Mine are 6 ton and made in China but don't remember where they came from and had them for well over 20 years now. They also have the flat pads on the feet which I like. Sometimes I use plywood spacer pads and they don't dig into them. I got the 6 ton ones because my heaviest vehicle weighs just over 6000 lbs and wanted something that was more stout but don't see why 3 ton stands wouldn't work just fine for cars. After all, one jack is supposed to hold 6000 lbs, right?

I don’t know why anybody would buy 3 ton jackstands, with something like jacks, jackstands, slings, chains, things that trust for life and limb. I want major overkill.
I bought three ton and six ton stands, cause with a low car, it can be very difficult to get the car high enough to get a six ton under it. And besides, two sets of 3tons will support 12000 lbs, my car weighs 2600.
The six ton sets are for my diesel and dually pickups.

Posted pictures of these in HF recall. American Forge Foundry think I bought these at Sears 15/20 years ago 3 and 6 ton. I'm sure I paid less than $70 a pair. Tried to look up to see if they're still in business no real results.
JS3.jpg
JS2.jpg
JS1.jpg

think

After all, one jack is supposed to hold 6000 lbs, right?

Im not sure if it’s all jack stands but many of the ones I’ve seen lately are rated for the pair, so 3 ton stands will only hold 1.5 tons each

Im not sure if it’s all jack stands but many of the ones I’ve seen lately are rated for the pair, so 3 ton stands will only hold 1.5 tons each
Tag on mine says 12,000 per stand......

Tag on mine says 12,000 per stand......

Good deal, I bought some 6 ton ones and they say the same. Some companies are getting shady with their marketing. These AC Delco ones from O'Reilly are listed as 3t per pair. It is not very clear from the advert, except that it says 'unit of measure: per pair', but on the box or instructions (I forget which) it will say '3t when used as a pair' or something like that.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...acdelco-3-ton-jack-stands/34124/2494166?pos=4

Edit: here's a better example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GY4JJR4

"Pair Capacity: 3-Ton"

Good deal, I bought some 6 ton ones and they say the same. Some companies are getting shady with their marketing. These AC Delco ones from O'Reilly are listed as 3t per pair. It is not very clear from the advert, except that it says 'unit of measure: per pair', but on the box or instructions (I forget which) it will say '3t when used as a pair' or something like that.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...acdelco-3-ton-jack-stands/34124/2494166?pos=4

Edit: here's a better example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GY4JJR4

"Pair Capacity: 3-Ton"
The ACDelco's look just like mine only smaller.

Looks like an informative article on jack stand ratings:

https://agradetools.com/jack-stands-rating/
Isn't that interesting. Shows about half the failure of that red harbor freight stand, broken weld, yet the test stand is entirely collapsed, crushed, but the weld is only half broken .
The harbor freight is completely split...... but not a mark, or collapsed leg, or anything else wrong with it.
Something fishy.......
Also the guy making the video of the test of the stands makes a wrong statement. He uses a 4000lbs caddy for an example, using a pair of 3ton stands, then says only a 2000lbs safety margin. Except, the two stands are only holding up one end of 4000lbs, so roughly 2000 lbs, ergo a 300% safety margin.

Last edited:
Who in the heck buys ALUMINUM jackstands?? WHY?!?
Old farts with lousy backs like me! :D Didn't know they made them but what's wrong with jackstands made from aluminum? Aluminum hull boats seem to take a pretty good beating and aluminum trailers also seem to do well.

Looks like my jack stands pass the test as for good looking welds and anti-sink feet. The seam weld goes the length of the seam too. And thanks for the link @DeltaV !

Well, i can see the advantage of aluminum in something that moves, as part of its job, but really, how does weaker, much more expensive material make a product better, that has one job to do...... stand there. (Pun intended)

Auto Transport Service
Back