• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack stands

Aha, gotcha. I built something similar a few years backwhen i wanted individual wheel weights. I had access to a roll-around 1000lb beam style scale, so i built three perches the same height as the scale pad, then moved the scale to each wheel.
I dont know how accurate it was, certainty not as good as a thousand dollar digital scale, but the cost was,,,, ,zero. Borrowed scale, scrap wood from other projects.

3 legged pin.
Called "suicide" stands back in the day.
12 ton ones with ratchet centers, I had a B body up on the almost all the way for years on them.
Seemed OK.
ANSI standards?

https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-1410-1...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0093NBRHA

615vPWeiBNL._SL1000_.jpg

These are 8000 lb AC Delco jack stands bought here locally (O'Reilly, I think). Luckily I saw this as I was putting them under the car.

Pretty freaky. I've used these before and inspected them when I first bought them and didn't see anything.

No strange use or side-loading, just standard run-of-the mill use.

Seems hard to find anything of quality these days.

IMG_2142.jpg
IMG_2141.jpg

Guys ...... what is this ratchet type are failing ? And the fear of that Center piece because it’s cast and not forged !! ... please explain

Don't know the history of the US Jack brand. Curiously I have similar stands with the same PN from the mid 80's. Really solid IMO. Never had anywhere near the rated 6K on them.
View attachment 764939View attachment 764943

Lol, They replaced my mid 70's Sears set that live out back in the shed these days...….
View attachment 764944
I have a floor jack and a 12 hydraulic made in St. Joe by AUSCO ( Auto Specialty Co.) that I purchased new in the early 70s. Real American built tools!
Mike

Expensive but whats your life worth in my opinion. http://www.usjack.com

I am looking to replace the pair of 3 ton Pittsburgh jack stands I bought last month from Harbor Freight. I'm totally uncomfortable with them supporting my car. The load bar shifts side to side when I push down on it (when they are ratcheted, extended). One of the bases doesn't rest flush on all four corners. It teeters a little diagonally. I've just come to the conclusion that they are cheap junk.

I think I'm going to order a pair of the US JACK 3-ton D-41609. I like the double lock mechanism that engages two teeth on the load bar, instead of just one. Larger base 10" x 10". Contact area at the top of the load bar is wider and longer.

I found a post on some other forum where a guy was questioning the welding work on a pair of his US JACK 6-ton units. But that is the only negative comment I've heard about US JACK.

I like this guy's review about US JACK stands:
"I purchased these stands for my son because I wanted to be sure he was safe under a vehicle. His safety was of utmost importance to me and the extra cost was trivial. It is my belief that you spend good money on good things when it comes to protecting things that matter to you. End of story."

Seems like Officer Higgins, who posted about these stands, agrees with the above review.

Aha, gotcha. I built something similar a few years backwhen i wanted individual wheel weights. I had access to a roll-around 1000lb beam style scale, so i built three perches the same height as the scale pad, then moved the scale to each wheel.
I dont know how accurate it was, certainty not as good as a thousand dollar digital scale, but the cost was,,,, ,zero. Borrowed scale, scrap wood from other projects.

I bought a nice set of larger jack stand when my sears ones craped (Bent) out

Strangely enough they have a Ford logo on them and are much taller than what i had. Well priced and had a key you could enter to lock the stand in position. They were reasonably priced.
Despite the image angle these are tall and have a wide projection on the floor. I believe 6 ton capacity.

getPart

These are 8000 lb AC Delco jack stands bought here locally (O'Reilly, I think). Luckily I saw this as I was putting them under the car.Pretty freaky. I've used these before and inspected them when I first bought them and didn't see anything.No strange use or side-loading, just standard run-of-the mill use.Seems hard to find anything of quality these days.View attachment 811912 View attachment 811913
That's what happens when you buy something that's cast and NOT forged!

Norco I have several sets. They are ratchet style and high quality

Don't know the history of the US Jack brand. Curiously I have similar stands with the same PN from the mid 80's. Really solid IMO. Never had anywhere near the rated 6K on them.
View attachment 764939View attachment 764943

Lol, They replaced my mid 70's Sears set that live out back in the shed these days...….
View attachment 764944

Most likely the same company, check out the address on yours and the address for US Jack.

Physical Address
U.S. Jack Company
1125 Industrial Court
Benton Harbor, MI 49022

Edit: If you're not familiar with the area, St. Joe and Benton Harbor are basically located right next to each other, one on either side of the river.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back