• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason's 68 coronet build

Thanks guys. After kids go to bed I'll give it go and take some pics for you jim.

Jim what specifically do you want pics of? I have 1 regulator out and 1 in for reference.

Got rained out of work today. Made it worth while. Got the inside of the doors painted.
20160812_142923.jpg
20160812_142935.jpg

My one rear had a broken roller on the double roller and fell out before I opened up the rear panel. I did not take a picture down from the top of the rear quarter to orient myself as to where the double roller actually went. It fell out of the other when I pulled it out and I can't reconstruct how that whole thing goes together on the floor.

20160812_234027.jpg
Looks like there are 3 double rollers. 2 on the front vertical track and 1 on the rear vertical track. First pic is as view from inside the car. Sorry it is upside-down.
20160812_233933.jpg

It slides into the small vertical track with the adjustments. Only fits one way as the rollers are 2 different sizes.

Jason please do a good writeup on this! I have the DMT kit for the box and that is my first project after getting the paint on over the next 7 days so I can start putting the interior back together. Are you replacing the core and evaporator?

Fun with wiring and starting AC box resto.

My car was missing much of its wiring so I'm watching to see how you do some of this. I did buy all of the new wiring harnesses. You are doing a great job.

Jason please do a good writeup on this! I have the DMT kit for the box and that is my first project after getting the paint on over the next 7 days so I can start putting the interior back together. Are you replacing the core and evaporator?
Jim, here are some of my pages that show some of my A/C heater restoration. I was not very detailed with some of it but maybe they still will help.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/my-charger-restoration-dream-car.78137/page-3

This is more of an exploratory surgery on the heater box. For now I just want it to function in heat mode. If the AC parts are in good condition someday it will be hooked up. If the AC parts are to far gone, it will be replaced with an aftermarket system. I'm am a dollar sign and functionality guy not a numbers matching correct resto guy.

Amazing work and the car is looking awesome. Keep up the good work.

20160813_163645.jpg
20160813_163652.jpg
Got the interior trim and vents cleaned up and painted this afternoon.

Started in on the heater box tonight. It looks intimidating but it really was not too bad to disassemble. I took alot of pics and bagged and tagged everything. First remove the vacuum lines and label them. Then start to disassemble the linkage and remove the vacuum actuators.
20160813_221243.jpg
20160813_221044.jpg

My lower linkage was pretty froze up and required some heat to separate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back