• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno in hospital

Didn’t know that Steam Cars have gasoline onboard.

DAMN!! GET WELL JAY.
Gas to lite boiler?? Rag on a long steal rod, rag wet down with diesel/kero to light boiler AT A DISTANCE, ala old Navy Foster-Wheeler boilers on ships. Safer then gas. Any old Navy "BM" out there can give better details.

Get Well.

He is the only car guy thats worth watching on TV.

I've been a subscriber to his JLG YouTube channel for over a decade now.
I think Jay is a decent man with a good soul; I admire how he genuinely loves
tinkering with cars despite having a full crew to do it for him, too.
Those damn steam cars of his are dangerous as hell, though.
Feel better soon Jay! :thumbsup: :praying:

Get well soon Jay. If you are lurking here you know how great this place is and there are quite a few of us willing to help with your cars as you heal!

Leno will probably be back doing what he loves soon and cracking jokes about being on fire, like one of Jay's favorite comedians, Richard Pryor, did after he suffered burns.

Here's to Jay's speedy recovery.

Hope he has a fast and full recovery.

Leno will probably be back doing what he loves soon and cracking jokes about being on fire, like one of Jay's favorite comedians, Richard Pryor, did after he suffered burns.
Speaking of Richard Pryor, this joke popped back into my head!

Jay Leno got burned in a gasoline fire in his garage...

Enough to be hospitalized. I would hope we all are being safe and not make the rookie move he did. BE safe around gasoline guys (and gals).

As a side note, I hope he wasn't working on a Mopar. Don't want any more of them damaged.

RGAZ

Last edited:
Jay Leno got burned in a gasoline fire in his garage...

[/URL]

Enough to be hospitalized. I would hope we all are being safe and not make the rookie move he did. BE safe around gasoline guys (and gals).

As a side note, I hope he wasn't working on a Mopar. Don't want any more of them damaged.

RGAZ
What exactly was the rookie move? Do you know exactly how and what happened? By the way, Mopar never made a steam car....

I did not see the video, don't know which car he was working on (that was updated after the post.) Working with gasoline requires safety methods to prevent getting burned. I know most backyard mechanics don't care about safety, but I would expect Jay would be more careful and have PPE to prevent his injury condiering his experience. Ignoring your own safety is a rookie move.

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

Had to see what a 100+ year old steam car involved. A bit complicated with fuel under pressure and hot steam at even higher pressure. At 6:30 he jokes about the dangers of the steam car.

He probably knows 100x what any of us do in regards to steam cars. **** happens, even when you are taking precautions. Better to make judgements when the facts are actually known. I'm sure we'll hear more when the smoke clears.

Like the air crash, **** has, does, and will continue to happen. We don’t live in fear. Let others do that. Do what you do as safely as possible but don’t forfeit your passion. Historic and educational value too. Not a parallel by any measure, but watch Reagans speech after Challenger. Speaking for myself, I’ve done **** that could have gone wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back