• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jegs 1000$ 727 trans

Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
I seen a 1000 dollar small block 727 trans on jegs. Is this a equal or better alternative to using the stock 904 or would it be better to find an original small block 727?

I prefer the 904 for anything under 500 HP. Less parasitic inertia and fitment, especially in an early A body. 440'

If you need a 727 that's a good price if it includes free shipping. Local re-builder here charges $800 to rebuild a 727 and additional $250 if you don't have a core transmission to re-build.

I prefer the 904 for anything under 500 HP. Less parasitic inertia and fitment, especially in an early A body. 440'
I have the 318 in my 72 charger I decided to build that engine for daily driver use but I Definitely want some more horsepower than stock. I drive pretty hard, just don’t want to grenade the trans

Before I had a friend offer to rebuild mine I was speaking to Patriot Transmissions in Ocala Fl. They had some of the best pricing and a No questions warranty if you use their converter. I cant remeber the guys name I spoke with, but was very helpful.

727 will take a shorter driveshaft and bigger yoke then a 904. 904s are good little trannys. 727 will handle more just depends on what you want.

Auto Transport Service
Back