• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jezebel is her name. 72 Charger, Flashy and Loose

Tom Patchett

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG
Hi, New to Mopars. Found a 72 charger in Ohio and drug it to Illinois. Will run and drive. Which is sort of a miracle. The past owner stated: Don't know much about cars, so just took it to other people to fix. You know how that turns out. Engine : 400 with all plug wires routed wrong. The car started missing on maiden voyage on a left turn. That happens when number 7 plug wire is threaded over the top of steering shaft and gets walked out. The fuel line goes over the distributor. Vacume brake booster was fed from carburetor. No pcv valve, both sides have breathers. Engine wiring completely home done in black tape. Won't even start on paint job.

Glad to have found this site.

Tom

Welcome to the forum as well....I least the car seems to be in the right hands finally!

Love the hideaway headlights!

"I like my women on the trashy side"......beautiful car & welcome!

Welcome and she looks to have found a good home.

Cool 72 Charger

Welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal

Welcome! Nice Charger! You'll have fun making it all right!

Thanks for the welcomes. Very nice of everyone. Would gladly share our abundance of rain. Going to try not to tear Jezebel down so far it takes 6 months to drive again.

Too often one little leak becomes a motor trans removal and then repaint the engine bay etc. Going for a daily driver not a restoration.

Very cool glad you saved it . How's the body on her she looks good!

Nice score, been there done that. Love Chargers, getting harder to find not in basket case crunchy shape these days.

Welcome from mid Michigan. Great looking Charger.

Nice red '72. I have one myself that I found in Iowa. I like the hide-aways and rallye dash better then the base that I have.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back