• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

July 8th - Something New From DODGE

They will never do this. Those are names from a dead company. NONE of the Plymouth names lived on.
Some names did live on. The Prowler continued for a couple of years as a Chrysler. The PT Cruiser was designed as a Plymouth, it lived on as a Chrysler. Right now, you can buy a Chrysler Voyager, which used to be a Plymouth name. FCA renewed the trademark registration for the name 'Cuda' last year.

I doubt a viper would ever return too. It reeks of too much testosterone and would be in a category above everything else in dodge and lord knows the can’t have that. It would be above the high end import sport cars they love and It would cast a black on all their stuff imo. Watch we get more sloppy seconds and rebranded crap.

They're bringing back FINS
upload_2021-7-1_7-54-16.png

The last time they told us they had an announcement , they closed two plants and I went home!

Stellantis to me, sounds like some medicine advertised on TV that has 107 possible side effects. I just don't see much in Chrysler's future. All of these "mergers of equals" have done nothing to inspire confidence that anyone in charge gives a hoot.

The days of an affordable, fast, fun car are gone. Who can afford $100K for a Challenger or Charger...or a flippin' Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, or whatever they call the $100K version. More power to those that can afford them, but when I see ten-year-old Challenger V8 cars advertised for $18K to $35K...sorry, I'm out.

My brother is looking for a new truck with a V8 and never was a mopar fan. I told him about a friend (another non-mopar fan) who bought a new Laramie (2020) and how its size seems less well, huge. My friend loves da truck saying it's the best he's had after some GM and Fords. My bro goes surfing the net saying they must not make 'em anymore. I do some searching and find...they dropped the Laramie handle...get this, cuz Laramie is too difficult to pronounce! Huh? My '05 Dakota is a Laramie model. Did some forget how to pronounce words? So apparently now it is a Longhorn 'Limited'. Hell, they shouda just renamed it the "Larry' model then, lol. WDH.

Well, no one lost their job at least. Like no one saw this coming............

AWD weighs more than RWD...add weight.
Add motors...add weight.
Add batteries...add weight.
Add power & control electronics...add weight.

Their current Challenger and Charger models are already very heavy. How is Dodge going to manage the weight...not be so portly?
  1. Forced induction 4 or 6 cylinder ICE in combination with the motors?
  2. Smaller chassis platform?
  3. Lightweight alloys instead of steel?
  4. Plastics for body panels?
How can they pull this off and remain both affordable and reliable? I guess we'll find out soon enough...oh, I know, they'll make it up in volume.:rolleyes:

At least I have until around 2023/2024 to get a Scat Pack if I get a "wild hair" one day.

Good luck to them though.

2024, it's a lil' early, premature :jackoff: electrification (ejaculation)

marketing

no EV from Dodge, he said, but Electric Muscle-cars (?)
so it's offering "allegedly" in 2024, a plug in Electric Muscle Car
(EV/plug-in, is full electric)
& maybe some hybrids too, awd cars & Ram trucks, Dodge SUVs

I did like the 2nd link above in lefty71's post

the car under the cover at the Dodge Estate,
looks like a Charger shape
no clue if it's a 2 dr or 4 dr
I can't tell **** by the dark smoked/fogged video
IMO 'Looks like it has' the SRT8 version (brake or cooling) scoops
on the front sides/lower facia corners

:usflag:

Last edited: