• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just a little off the back and sides please

Mark, if I ever get run over at a car show, I hope it is by one of your cars :lol:
The 67 GTX @eldubb440 is working on (Barry's car) won't quite have the power that my 500 cubic inch stroker has. But it won't be all that far off. I'm guessing it will be around 500 HP and a lot of torque. The engine will be basically built like my stroker, except heads are aluminum Mopar Stage VI heads. I am spending a lot of time lightening the pistons and making sure everything is right on spec. So the engine gives up 45 cubic inches, but I'd still get out of the way unless you really want to see the underside up close!!! :lol:

The 67 GTX @eldubb440 is working on (Barry's car) won't quite have the power that my 500 cubic inch stroker has. But it won't be all that far off. I'm guessing it will be around 500 HP and a lot of torque. The engine will be basically built like my stroker, except heads are aluminum Mopar Stage VI heads. I am spending a lot of time lightening the pistons and making sure everything is right on spec. So the engine gives up 45 cubic inches, but I'd still get out of the way unless you really want to see the underside up close!!! :lol:
Okay Hawk, now you have to start a new engine build thread

@HawkRod, is Barry shopping for mirrors to place under car to show off @eldubb440's "work"? Magnifying glass mounted to mirror to show off AMD stickers too!!

@HawkRod, is Barry shopping for mirrors to place under car to show off @eldubb440's "work"? Magnifying glass mounted to mirror to show off AMD stickers too!!
Mirrors won't be likely when we are driving it across country and potentially stop at a car show! We've driven across country with two of mine - now it's his turn to provide a car! :poke: :lol:

Like mine, this car is slated to be driven and enjoyed (but hopefully look pretty darn good too).

Having said that, maybe some mirrors at a local show might be in order to show off all the work and effort! :thumbsup:

no mirrors required, it's just a backdrop...... I prefer the primer/overspray look myself.........

but it has to be coated with something, and undercoat is the easy way out....... @HawkRod, I want video of Barry putting a coat of marine wax on the underside of his car

Eldubb440, I'm back for a dose of wisdom. As you know, I've been repairing/replacing rot on my 68 Coronet (I have this entire thread printed out and in my shop) and have done the trunk pan, quarter panels, driver frame rail, etc. I just cut out the Dutchman panel and can't stop myself from moving forward. My rear window frame is completely shot; I purchased a replacement from a donor in AZ. My question is, where should I cut? I really only need the window frame, but the donor includes everything to the trunk hinges. (I will replace the Dutchman panel on the donor.) Any advice before I start cutting? I drew a line about three inches around the frame on the donor; should it be more -- like six -- on the roof? Guide me oh wise one!

Current_rear_window_1.jpg

Donor_rear_window_1.jpg

Eldubb440, I'm back for a dose of wisdom. As you know, I've been repairing/replacing rot on my 68 Coronet (I have this entire thread printed out and in my shop) and have done the trunk pan, quarter panels, driver frame rail, etc. I just cut out the Dutchman panel and can't stop myself from moving forward. My rear window frame is completely shot; I purchased a replacement from a donor in AZ. My question is, where should I cut? I really only need the window frame, but the donor includes everything to the trunk hinges. (I will replace the Dutchman panel on the donor.) Any advice before I start cutting? I drew a line about three inches around the frame on the donor; should it be more -- like six -- on the roof? Guide me oh wise one!

View attachment 1558003

View attachment 1558004

Holy crap, I created a monster........ how high up is your rot? do you need any of that roof and /or sail panel?

there might be lead over top of a seam about half way up that glass bed, but cut out what you have to; just tear into it, and don't eat any lead

the beauty in all this stuff, is you can't really destroy anything that's already beat, and it only fits one way

guess I need to update while I'm here........ just as the underside of this car begins to kick my ***, I can move on from the worst part of the job...... you could serve Thanksgiving dinner on this thing.........and I don't think pictures do justice to the amount of labor.

no one ever worked so hard to avoid having to get a real job :BangHead:

IMG_20231116_171510301.jpg
IMG_20231116_171900271.jpg
IMG_20231116_171946453.jpg
IMG_20231116_172006981.jpg
IMG_20231116_172105946.jpg
IMG_20231116_172149100.jpg
IMG_20231116_172202386.jpg
IMG_20231116_172233278.jpg

IMG_20231116_172307142.jpg

Nope... poor bastard doing my hood webs had every finger taped with electrical tape.
View attachment 1558253

I see your hood, and raise you an even poorer bastard sanding every knook and cranny of the entire underside of a B body........ about 15 hours worth; that's 25 hours for any other ******** :)

oh, and I did spend a few days final tuning on the fenders, cowl, hood compartment, and doors....... that'll pay off once the paint starts flying

IMG_20231105_161947611.jpg
IMG_20231105_162003176.jpg
IMG_20231105_162117630.jpg
IMG_20231105_162106477.jpg
IMG_20231105_162038628.jpg
IMG_20231105_162025055.jpg
IMG_20231105_162014786.jpg

Holy crap, I created a monster........ how high up is your rot? do you need any of that roof and /or sail panel?

there might be lead over top of a seam about half way up that glass bed, but cut out what you have to; just tear into it, and don't eat any lead

the beauty in all this stuff, is you can't really destroy anything that's already beat, and it only fits one way
Thanks, eldubb440. After I sent the pictures, I examined the current body a bit closer and it actually could benefit from the replacement more than I thought. I think I will try to use as much of the donor as I can and then go back to replace the Dutchman panel and the trunk gutters.

When you say, "don't eat any lead," what do you mean?

It's wisdom like, "you can't really destroy anything that's already beat," that gives me wind beneath my wings :) Thanks for the encouragement and the insights.

Auto Transport Service
Back