• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked this 65 up !!!

19 69 GTX

Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Just picked this 65 Coronet up Saturday I'm pretty excited. It's a damn solid car for sure. Has frame tied already, sure grip with super stock springs. Has a engine plate and mid plate for trans I may sell. Going to make a nice driver that will see the drag strip for sure. Going to need a hood , front and rear bumpers. Think I will have it painted the new Delmonico Red you see on the Rams..

20201024_161041.jpg Screenshot_20201021-093558_Facebook.jpg 20201025_170106.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to beat a red 65! Of course I’m a little prejudiced.

Nice project! It will be fun!

Just picked this 65 Coronet up Saturday I'm pretty excited. It's a damn solid car for sure. Has frame tied already, sure grip with super stock springs. Has a engine plate and mid plate for trans I may sell. Going to make a nice driver that will see the drag strip for sure. Going to need a hood , front and rear bumpers. Think I will have it painted the new Delmonico Red you see on the Rams..

View attachment 1019300 View attachment 1019301 View attachment 1019302
That'll be a super project.

Great find, well done!! I love 65's and yes I own one!! Mines 2009 to 2012 subaru ruby Red.
20190808_095127.jpg

Nice Score !

Did it come out of the Chicago area? There was a similar car on CL.

My 65 was ruby red originally too. When I get to the paint portion, I'm going to go with the same but have firemist put in instead of poly, firemist is bigger particle than poly, or find a close one from a newer car like what Hey-O did. I really like the newer Delmonico red, factory on the cars and trucks, but its very pricey since is a 4 stage paint[ I think] and some of the components are very pricey. I'll most likely go with a 2 stage, base/clear, as I can handle that without any price or application issues. Currently its pork chop[ Porsche] red.

FD6EC884-2626-45AD-806D-F96B00F52678.jpeg

Sweet 65 4sure any updates on progress?

Just installed some axles from Dr. Diff the old ones were trash where someone torched the old bearings off. Just ordered a rear disc brake kit from Dr Diff as well. Not sure if I'm gonna build a 440 or a 400 stroked to a 512. If I go stroker I dont think the 8.75 will handle it . The drums in pic are gone just waiting on UPS to come for the disc. I'll get a disc kit for front from Cass as well.

20201204_152844.jpg

Nice Score !

Did it come out of the Chicago area? There was a similar car on CL.

Yes Plainfield Illinois now just down here near the Indiana and Illinois border I'm in Terre Haute Indiana

Auto Transport Service
Back