• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K member, engine and tranny stand

fireguyfire

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum built one of those stands like you see on graveyard carz and other sows where you can have the engine, k member, transmission and most of the front suspension on a stand so that you can move it under the car and drop the car down onto it?

I’d like to build one, and some photos or even better some plans would be greatly appreciated!

I have and the measurements to build it are on for A bodies only

IMG_0082.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0782.jpeg

Excellent, thanks for the link and thanks for taking the time to post up a cut list and instructions on the A bodies forum!

Once I used it for the first time I found the need to add something to support the front of the K to prevent the engine mounts from twisting here’s a pic of that as well. Circled in red.
IMG_3740.jpeg

I built a mobile bench/stand for my snowmobile maintenance years ago and found it worked well for my cars as well. Of course, a lift makes it work as designed.
Mike
Michele's Formula (4).JPG
IMG_2684.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG

Here is us car tool one....it is nice ....but getting Pricey.....bought mine at Carlisle for like $300 show special....now it's double the price.....

Screenshot_20240302-072842.png

Here is us car tool one....it is nice ....but getting Pricey.....bought mine at Carlisle for like $300 show special....now it's double the price.....

View attachment 1619362
Built mine off of Beekeeper's design and material list for about $250. Even with the mods.
When all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail. If you have a welder everything is whatever the **** you want it to be.
I think USCT fucked up in not realizing that most people that build cars know how to create a cart like this and over priced it because they weren't selling any.

Beekeeper's design works equally well on A Bodies. I have loaned it out twice now to friends. Haven't tried it on an E Body yet but I'm sure it will work just fine.

The other thing you need to keep in mind about the USCT tool unit is there will probably be another $200-$300 shipping charge on top of the $650 base price. Not a light compact thing to ship. Now you're looking at a $1,000. Bullshit.
Build your own.

Last edited:
I made mine out of some 2" .062 wall square tube and some pieces of 3/16" flat material I have. Less than $100, most expensive part was the 3" swivel casters rated for 300lbs each. Works quite well. Last year I asked my neighbor to taper down the 5/8x12" bolts to make it easier to line the cart/engine/trans/k-frame when I 'm lowering my lift.

IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4503.jpeg

All ya gotta do is set it on jackstands in the right spot

inst eng.JPG

I am being a wise *** of course

Auto Transport Service
Back