• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K MEMBER SWAPS

FLY 9999

Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
All Dodge and Plymouth B body K members from 62 to 65 the same and can be swapped/6 to /6 SB to SB and BB to BB?

Yes but, sb and bb are the same. The 62s could have the weird old mounts.

Should clarify by saying different engine brackets. Even the rubber insulators interchange between SB and BB.

Small block and big block same K member just different brackets.
Were the hemi k members different for those years? I realize the 62's had the max wedge 413's, but if doing a gen 2 hemi swap wouldn't the k member also have to be changed? I'm asking because I don't know.

Yes, the Hemi crossmember was a different piece. The Hemi had a way different set of engine brackets than B/RB engines, so the crossmember was different to accommodate them.

Yes, the Hemi crossmember was a different piece. The Hemi had a way different set of engine brackets than B/RB engines, so the crossmember was different to accommodate them.
Thanks, I learn something new here all the time.

62-65... Not a lot of Hemi's sold to the public.... 66 was the first "Street Hemi"...

The rarest of course being the 62-63.

Can some one verify the a different K for the hemi. Looked in my buddy's parts book and found 1/2 of the page missing. As per his memory, "BB and hemi the same".

Can some one verify the a different K for the hemi. Looked in my buddy's parts book and found 1/2 of the page missing. As per his memory, "BB and hemi the same".
BB & Hemi are definitely not the same....

B body Hemi
B body Hemi.jpg

E body Hemi

E body Hemi.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back