• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keisler mistake

let me chime in here a second...i have had one of the first keisler auto in my charger 1969. at the time when i was doing it i ran into some issues being that i was one of the first people to mate a new auto to a late model 6.1 hemi. when i did have some issues or questions being i was in uncharted territory the guys at keisler were very helpful and gave me every possible answer they could and even put me in contact with another guy that was doing a similar build like mine. the kit was actually the easiest item i installed in the car at the time. instructions were good but like anything in the "car world" needed a little tweaking. its not very often do i install a part that is bolt on and walk away. its usually close and needs a little tweaking to make it perfect. Not because the keisler kits werent thought out but rather that these cars are not perfect. all these cars have issues. ive never seen a build come together and be finished and ready to drive and being perfect. if you have some issues i would do your research figure it out and tackle the problem.... in nearly 4 years after i build my car im still perfecting it. You could never tell but its always being wrenched. the trans i can say has worked flawlessly since i installed it no issues what so ever. even recently i added paddle shifters and wanted the trans to work a certain way. i contacted keilser (gene) and gave me the tech guy and spent numerous hours (FREE) to help me get what i wanted. i suggest if you have any issues to call them and let them help you. if you need help email me. i will try and help you also........ just remember this is a small hobby we all get to know one another here especally the cars.....we all help each other out whenever we can........cheers!!!
CIMG6715.jpg

I have the first B-body non-console Tremec kit they ever sold. The kit went in slick as a whistle and has never given me a lick of trouble in the six plus years I've had it. I later did the hydraulic clutch conversion, had some problems and they took care of me. No person or company is perfect, but I'm happy with my dealings with them and would buy from them again.

interesting reading. i,d hate to be the judge on the bench for this one.

but one question comes to mind, why do the magazines say it's so easy to install and worked perfect out of the box?

Money... every magazine page costs thousands of dollars - Keisler gives the staff some free "perfect" things to put on their cars for advertising / publicity. As with anything else the prototype is perfect but the actual production variant is not so much...

Take their bellhousing for instance - A customer of mine purchased one for his 71 Challenger - put it on and found it was off center... no big deal - made the adjustment to center it about 4 times... still couldnt - then I measures the bearing retainer hole and found out it was not perfectly round --- I send that piece of **** back and give them a nice phone call stating the issue and refused to pay a restocking fee or shipping.

I am now blacklisted - they will not give me any technical support (not like they could to begin with) and it seems there is a note on their database stating no reps are supposed to talk to me.

:edgy:

Pete - I could argue that because you were one of the first people to do the 6.1 / Keisler swap they helped you to help themselves - but if they got your stuff going good then that is awesome - It still does not excuse a lot of other things in my mind...

I have a long list of manufacturers that suck - March Pulleys are one of the others on my list...

Money... every magazine page costs thousands of dollars - Keisler gives the staff some free "perfect" things to put on their cars for advertising / publicity. As with anything else the prototype is perfect but the actual production variant is not so much...

Take their bellhousing for instance - A customer of mine purchased one for his 71 Challenger - put it on and found it was off center... no big deal - made the adjustment to center it about 4 times... still couldnt - then I measures the bearing retainer hole and found out it was not perfectly round --- I send that piece of **** back and give them a nice phone call stating the issue and refused to pay a restocking fee or shipping.

I am now blacklisted - they will not give me any technical support (not like they could to begin with) and it seems there is a note on their database stating no reps are supposed to talk to me.

:edgy:

Pete - I could argue that because you were one of the first people to do the 6.1 / Keisler swap they helped you to help themselves - but if they got your stuff going good then that is awesome - It still does not excuse a lot of other things in my mind...

I have a long list of manufacturers that suck - March Pulleys are one of the others on my list...

I think the common problem with the vendors and you is YOU. I see you post all over the boards nothing but negativity. Learn to be constructive come up with solutions on your own. Easy to poke a stick and blame others.

I do have one question off the wall. Do you or did you work at Icon Engineering?

Gene
Keisler Engineering
[email protected]
866.609.0070 ext 211

I see pete and alex on alot of boards and respect both there opinions , but this is another example of when you have several techical problems with keisler, then the customer service is ( the customer is always wrong ):rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

I see pete and alex on alot of boards and respect both there opinions , but this is another example of when you have several techical problems with keisler, then the customer service is ( the customer is always wrong ):rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

No that is not the case as you have seen several positive customers post on this very thread here!!!

Read all the post. Pete posted positive comments. I will not win this battle or war as I was told by a smart man. However you or no one else on here have both sides of the story... There are always 2 sides to every story. Some people cant be made happy no matter how we try.

Gene
Keisler Sales
888.609.0070 ext 211
[email protected]

read my quote what i'm saying is if you have more them one or two problems with your company, then the customer service goes out the window . I sell parts all day long , I get cronik problem customer also . I must deal with then and get the problem solved . Problem dont go way on there own . I either get it fixed or refund the customer . Simple concept . Your reputation will depend on it .

Okay, I wasn't coming back to this thread, but....
Alex, how short is your list of folks that don't suck?

I have to agree with the statement about not having to be a judge on this issue. I would also question what the ratio of units sold to people complaining is. It's always been an interesting thing that the folks that are happy with something don't say anywhere near as much as folks that aren't. There is another saying I remember,
"The good we do is never remembered, the bad we do is never forgotten."

Seems as though this is getting "personal"!

Well it's a shame. Seems some have good luck, and some don't. Why? Who knows. Just the way things work out I guess.

Also a shame this all costs to much. I'd much rather have a stick in my Duster than the gurliematic, but there isn't a way on the planet I'd spend (maybe) 2.5-3 grand to do it.

Amen!!!!!

Yeah, it is a relatively pricey deal. But, then, what isn't? What did you spend on your last HiPo engine rebuild? What did you spend on your last paint job? So on and so forth. We all want the most we can get out of our hard earned buck. That is for sure. I won't even go into how much I spent on my 440/4speed conversion on my Roadrunner. I did a few (bunch?) of things wrong, or out of ignorance. (But, I didn't see a bunch of advice coming from anyone, either).
It's a part of our hobby.

I do wish to apologize to Alex. I made a comment a few lines up. I was trying to poke a little fun at you, but when I look at it now, it doesn't come out that way. I am sorry, man.

Alex hit the nail on the head about march pulleys. Two months of expensive bs to get the right set, and it wasn't due to a bunch of mismatched engine accessories, just a simple matter of a sales rep LISTENING to what a customer was saying. The guy actually told me that I was stupid! I've dealt with retail customers for a long time, and I would have to be pretty frustrated with someones ignorance to tell them that they were stupid! I couldn't beleive it. I finally had to speak to the owner to straighten it out, only to learn that I wasn't the first customer to have problems with DEREK(8 years later i remember the a-holes name), but it would certainly be the last. He supposedly was gone after that, but i still had to eat 2 "special order" pulleys and all of the freight.:mad:

Okay, I wasn't coming back to this thread, but....
Alex, how short is your list of folks that don't suck?

Believe it or not - it is quite long.... Darkhorse Performance, Painless wiring, Billet Specialties, Ran Francis wiring, QuickTime Performance....

My only real list of vendors that I complain about is Keisler (reasons listed), March Performance (crank pulley machined off center so it wobbled - however they said it was within their spec of .2") They would not accept the return because in their opinion it was not faulty...

I am a very negative person - this is true - however I don't feel I am out of bounds by asking for a part I pay money for to actually fit / work

Gene - "I think the common problem with the vendors and you is YOU. I see you post all over the boards nothing but negativity. Learn to be constructive come up with solutions on your own. Easy to poke a stick and blame others."

So let me get this correct... Keisler Automotive's solution for faulty parts is for ME to find a solution on my own ? - If i misread your comment I appologize but that is what it seems to imply.

I will say I have had pleasurable experiences with Keisler Auto before - I have ordered a couple parts for my set up and been content and happy (I actually had a good conversation with one of your sales reps about 6.1L Hemi swaps) - I just list the bad because they seem to overshadow the positive - yes I did work at ICON Engineering - that is where I had these bad experiences - -

I'll say that my experiences were limited - I installed the parts and found the issues i mentioned... I then informed my boss (Mike) and he was the one who actually dealt with your company - He then reported to me these situations - So unless he did not inform me of some details - if he did not PLEASE FILL ME IN - If these points are not accurate please tell me - If you would like shoot me a PM and give me the 4-1-1

:hijacked:

The first modification I made to my S-197 was to install a Hurst shifter. It has a two piece handle. The two pieces are (for lack of a better term) splined so they would fit together. It comes with two allen bolts to secure the two pieces of handle together.

Three days after the initial install the shifter was loose. A couple of days after that, it was loose again. Geez...I used a long allen and a box wrench for leverage, but a few days later......So I break out the RED Loctight and wrench it tight again.

Eventually I get tired of this and call HURST. I tell them what is going on. They give me the "you're the first complaint we've had" line.....despite there being complaints for the same thing on THEIR website.

Ultimately these a-holes told me the same thing.....that "I" had to find a solution to THEIR piss-poor engineering. Their best suggestion was for ME to go buy some longer bolts, make sure to get some lock washers, make sure the bolts were long enough to protrude through the handle, and then use some lock nuts or nuts with lock washers. Nevermind the fact this would render the rubber seal useless.....

Yeah.........you know "I'll" be the first in line for another new Hurst shifter

I remember the "mud-slinging" from several months ago... I too am a Sales Rep, remember ("the Customer isn't always right, but it's my job to make him feel right!") It is strange for me to see the lack of accountability here. Gene, it sounds to me you are frustrated and kind of feel like some are picking on you and your company. But the one thing that sticks out to me is the lack of accountability, little remorse or concern for the customer. If everything works well for the customer's installation of a Keisler product, then no problem. But, if there is an issue, look the hell out, the customer seems to be an ignorant jackass and it's not Keisler's fault!! If you are treating this customer so poorly (referring to your posts) who to say I wouldn't be next? Is the $200.00 worth that much to you and your company to just fix this and make it right? I read both explanations, including the previous posts from months ago... Sorry to say, I feel the Customer IS right in this case. Is this Customer being too abrasive? Probably, but as a consumer, I rely on the company in particular the salesman I am doing business with to clear up any discrepancies regarding quotes, sales and any changes in quotes. Give the man his drive shaft and move on... The difference between a Keisler Sales rep and me as a Keisler rep, it wouldn't have gotten to this, especially in a public forum, hell, I would have even covered the freight for his new, FREE drive shaft! Gary (if that is the customer's name) succeeded in damaging Keisler's reputation... I'll never use you.... I am rubbing my eyes with disbelief every time you post something negative about ANY customer Gene. Not very professional, just my opinion.

Sorry if I sound like a prick right now, just got back from Tulsa's Mopars at the Park event today (3 hours each way) and feeling a little punchy!!

BTW, Rolling Thunder, you make me laugh!! Honesty, I LOVE IT!!! No sugar coating, just say what you feel!!

-Brian

I remember the "mud-slinging" from several months ago... I too am a Sales Rep, remember ("the Customer isn't always right, but it's my job to make him feel right!") It is strange for me to see the lack of accountability here. Gene, it sounds to me you are frustrated and kind of feel like some are picking on you and your company. But the one thing that sticks out to me is the lack of accountability, little remorse or concern for the customer. If everything works well for the customer's installation of a Keisler product, then no problem. But, if there is an issue, look the hell out, the customer seems to be an ignorant jackass and it's not Keisler's fault!! ...

Brian, you are jumping to conclusions. I had no problem with my Tremec kit. Years later I bought the hydraulic clutch kit and it took almost two years before I had a chance to install it. I had an early kit that required cutting down the stock bearing retainer. My clutch didn't release after I installed it. I talked to tech, they asked for photos. They had updated the kit since I bought mine and sent me their own bearing retainer, new throwout bearing, and a better hose setup from their new kit - at no charge. You would think I would remember being treated like I was an ignorant jackass, and trust me I wasn't. They went beyond what they had to do.

As for the older post that said the "essential" kit should include everything, the word "essential" means "basic". Look at kit cars - you can buy an essential kit for a cobra clone that is a chassis and a body, or a more complete kit that includes suspension, wiring, gauges, upholstery, etc. The buyer of the essential kit gets the basics only and fills in the missing parts himself.

Greg, how much do you think that has to do with the fact that 1) you're a HAPPY customer and 2) they keep putting your car on display at events to show off their product? If there is anyone on the planet they would want to keep happy it would be someone like yourself. That way they can keep using you to THEIR benefit.

Like I've said. I'd love to have a setup like this in my Duster. Would be a much more fun car to drive (remember that very first gear I pulled in your car? you bout sh!t). But I'd worry about getting everything I was supposed to, and if not, having it taken care of afterwards.

But ultimately it won't happen for me, cause I just can't see spending that much money. (well....maybe if I had it lol)

Auto Transport Service
Back