• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lab grown meat

1687550965265.png

I heard first go around with beef in hamburger form was not that great. Fat content all wrong they believed. Lol.
Quite possibly. I haven't heard of any kitchen testing, I don't think lab grown beef has been approved for sale yet.

Don't forget, Lesbians and others have been using fake meat for years.:lol:

I'm not sure that this was Lab meat as such, but McD's have been promoting the fake meat for the last couple of years here in NZ and Australia.

People claim it's tasty....but when you're on camera, most people get coerced into saying anything.

McDonald's to debut fake meat 'McPlant' items in 2021

I never tried it, and I don't intend to. Real meat or nothing IMHO. I grew up rural, and on pure grass-fed beef, lamb, and free-range chicken. Not to mention Crayfish (Lobster) fresh fish, free-range home-grown pork etc.
One of jobs as a young teenager was to grill the chops - yep, racks of lamb chops for dinner.

I get pretty tired of hearing about "saving water".
If water is such a concern why are we trying to figure out how to grow artificial food instead of how to, oh I dunno, harvest the ocean water to use?

We aren't leaders in the US for "food technology" we are just the one country with enough stupid people to accept all the BS that is sold to us as "food". 5 seconds of looking online and you will find innumerable evidence of how the US is the only country to allow such heinous toxic trash into our food supply. We are rewarded for our stupidity with excessive health issues throughout the population, obesity, diabetes, excessive blood pressure......

Does anyone really think this technology petri dish chicken is going to go on the market as just chicken? It has already been shown most fast food chicken is only part chicken, with wood pulp, soybeans, seaweeds, etc. as filler. Why grow chicken when you can grow 25% chicken and mix it in with whatever other "gov't approved" chemical toxins and make gonzo money off the people to stupid to realize what is being done to them, and worse, actually are defending and apologizing for it on the greedy "manufacturer's" behalf?
The "beyond" stuff has been proven now to be worse for you by a fair margin then regular meat. They had to load it with so much trash to make it taste good enough to sell they destroyed it's nutritional value and made it unhealthy.

It is always breads and meats too. Why isn't all this money spent on how to make veggies more affordable for people? Could it be because the stupid people are easier to entice with breads and sugar and particalized filled process meat products full of salt? Walk around in public and observe the younger crowd. You can see a thinner person, inside them, as you view their puffy complexion as their whole body is padded with fat put on by eating this BS.

Apologists will claim it is good to look at this tech and it has promise and yadda and so forth. In today's society the results of this research will be used for profit and control, not benefit to anything, least of all the health of our planet or the health of it's people. The world provides the answers to our needs, it is right in front of us all the time. But those simple answers don;t allow for control and profit, so they are ignored, and actively removed from the public eye so alternative profitable answers can be promoted instead.

If you think man made lab meat is so good replace all meat in your diet with beyond products so you know you are doing your part. Get your EV, eat your beyond burger and beyond hot dog and beyond turkey on some nice quality mansanto wheat breads with a bottle of diet pop.

I'm not sure that this was Lab meat as such, but McD's have been promoting the fake meat for the last couple of years here in NZ and Australia.

People claim it's tasty....but when you're on camera, most people get coerced into saying anything.

McDonald's to debut fake meat 'McPlant' items in 2021

I never tried it, and I don't intend to. Real meat or nothing IMHO. I grew up rural, and on pure grass-fed beef, lamb, and free-range chicken. Not to mention Crayfish (Lobster) fresh fish, free-range home-grown pork etc.
One of jobs as a young teenager was to grill the chops - yep, racks of lamb chops for dinner.

some people will eat anything :rolleyes:

1687629241266.png

We aren't leaders in the US for "food technology" we are just the one country with enough stupid people to accept all the BS that is sold to us as "food". 5 seconds of looking online and you will find innumerable evidence of how the US is the only country to allow such heinous toxic trash into our food supply.
And if you look for more than 5 seconds, you could find other opinions. Singapore was selling lab grown chicken before the US allowed it. The Dutch government has been investing in the idea for the past fifteen years, with the original idea coming from post-war Holland about seventy years ago. There are dozens of cultured meat companies now in existence, ranging from Canada, Japan and Israel among other countries. Include India and Belgium in your searches.

Nasa is also interested as a method of supplying meat to astronauts on long missions, and there is a company working on a project for the I.S.S. missions. The European Commission is on board.

If water is such a concern why are we trying to figure out how to grow artificial food instead of how to, oh I dunno, harvest the ocean water to use?

We aren't leaders in the US for "food technology" we are just the one country with enough stupid people to accept all the BS that is sold to us as "food". 5 seconds of looking online and you will find innumerable evidence of how the US is the only country to allow such heinous toxic trash into our food supply. We are rewarded for our stupidity with excessive health issues throughout the population, obesity, diabetes, excessive blood pressure......

Does anyone really think this technology petri dish chicken is going to go on the market as just chicken? It has already been shown most fast food chicken is only part chicken, with wood pulp, soybeans, seaweeds, etc. as filler. Why grow chicken when you can grow 25% chicken and mix it in with whatever other "gov't approved" chemical toxins and make gonzo money off the people to stupid to realize what is being done to them, and worse, actually are defending and apologizing for it on the greedy "manufacturer's" behalf?
The "beyond" stuff has been proven now to be worse for you by a fair margin then regular meat. They had to load it with so much trash to make it taste good enough to sell they destroyed it's nutritional value and made it unhealthy.

It is always breads and meats too. Why isn't all this money spent on how to make veggies more affordable for people? Could it be because the stupid people are easier to entice with breads and sugar and particalized filled process meat products full of salt? Walk around in public and observe the younger crowd. You can see a thinner person, inside them, as you view their puffy complexion as their whole body is padded with fat put on by eating this BS.

Apologists will claim it is good to look at this tech and it has promise and yadda and so forth. In today's society the results of this research will be used for profit and control, not benefit to anything, least of all the health of our planet or the health of it's people. The world provides the answers to our needs, it is right in front of us all the time. But those simple answers don;t allow for control and profit, so they are ignored, and actively removed from the public eye so alternative profitable answers can be promoted instead.

If you think man made lab meat is so good replace all meat in your diet with beyond products so you know you are doing your part. Get your EV, eat your beyond burger and beyond hot dog and beyond turkey on some nice quality mansanto wheat breads with a bottle of diet pop.

Bill Gates is involved with all this artificial meat crap, so you know it's bad.

Desalination of sea water takes alot of energy. This problem has been worked for over thousand years. The one who comes up with a cost effective method? Will be the next Rockefeller, Henry Ford ot Bill Gates.

Plant based proteins has been pushed for hundreds of years. But it just doesn't seem to fill the rising demand of animal base food needs.

Cell cultivated meats is a decades idea that is just now becoming more viable. It will very likely not be our future. But certainly decades from now. To ignore the potential to feed not only an expanding population. But also addresses animal treatment concerns that today's factory farms practice would be negligence to say the least.

I'm unsure why we ALWAYS have a certain segment of our population that fears any new(er) ideas. But we do. It's as old as time itself with regards to human civilization. And it slows progress and economic opportunities. I believe America became the economic super power because we adapt a little faster than the rest of the world in acceptance and engagement of future challenges.

Desalination of salt water for home use is a tiny machine that ends up producing water at about 3 cents a gallon (priced before the attack on US energy). A wealthy couple I work for had his own on an INCREDIBLE Island home he built that he sold a few years ago. He had plenty of water on St. John for less than he could buy it.
The gondola car had the piping to get the water up and the pipe to return the salt to the Ocean.
At 5:46 in talks about the reverse osmosis unit which produced 1500 gallons a day..

Last edited:
with all the global warming, removing salt from sea water shouldn't be all that difficult :rolleyes:

with all the global warming, removing salt from sea water shouldn't be all that difficult :rolleyes:
Problem is in California you can only deposit used needles and feces into the Ocean instead of water pumps and pipes...

Desalination of sea water takes alot of energy. This problem has been worked for over thousand years. The one who comes up with a cost effective method? Will be the next Rockefeller, Henry Ford ot Bill Gates.

Plant based proteins has been pushed for hundreds of years. But it just doesn't seem to fill the rising demand of animal base food needs.

Cell cultivated meats is a decades idea that is just now becoming more viable. It will very likely not be our future. But certainly decades from now. To ignore the potential to feed not only an expanding population. But also addresses animal treatment concerns that today's factory farms practice would be negligence to say the least.

I'm unsure why we ALWAYS have a certain segment of our population that fears any new(er) ideas. But we do. It's as old as time itself with regards to human civilization. And it slows progress and economic opportunities. I believe America became the economic super power because we adapt a little faster than the rest of the world in acceptance and engagement of future challenges.
I don't give red X's. But I did on this one.
Funny you mention those particular names with this topic, for starters.
You obviously do not understand farming, second.
And third, I am not afraid of new ideas. I am afraid of really stupid, villainous control/greed driven ideas.

The idealistic future you base your opinion on ignores the state of society. Any new technology is pushed forward because it is a door to open for more control of a market and our lives, and absolutely not for any humanitarian reason, or even ecological reason.
Ethanol from corn. Ethanol from switch grass(the stuff in every roadside ditch in the country) has significantly higher yield, is less costly, could be harvested from the roadside, or if farmed would have much less impact on soil quality and requires little fertilizer. This was known right at the very start. So why corn? Because we were able to make so much F'ing corn they didn;t know what to do with it anymore and the price was terrible because we couldn't even export it anymore. "oh the starving poor and the 3rd world countries sob sob" meanwhile we had so much food we decided to completely waste it in a non-efficient non-cost effective way making fuel.

That is just a simple example that relates to this forum. But about everything works that way nowdays, the world provides. We just have to decide we don't need the money or control and take what it provides.
QuickBpBp with his island story there shows it, but that whole scenario goes counter to the Nestle' guy saying people should have to pay for water and companies should be able to own ALL FRESH WATER ON THE PLANET. HMMMM, if we can take salt out of the ocean, suddenly there is no market for selling water, it will be to easy to access. I wonder why the tech is constantly buried and deemed horribly inefficient? Seems like we have been able to make distilled water since time immemorial, certainly before we had modern chemistry. If boiling water is so hard on energy, why not use wind and solar? That is supposed to be the answer to replacing all our cars, our furnaces, our stoves, our AC in the summer, industrial demand, ETC. I think there MUST be enough left over to boil water no? Again, ignoring modern chemistry.

Lab grown meat sounds like a solution to a problem, and maybe, just maybe it could be used to solve some issues. But that isn't reality. Reality is the greed driven owners will end up here:

And you will eat it, because animals=bad! Sounds like hyperbole until you go read about cow farts being the end of humanity.

Auto Transport Service
Back