• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Lakewood (?) Bellhousing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlisa

Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Selling a race style bellhousing for big block. I think it's a Lakewood unit but I'm not sure, I couldn't find a make or part number on it. I think it's 10.5", if anybody can tell me otherwise, please enlighten me. $300.

IMG_5199.JPG IMG_5200.JPG IMG_5198.JPG IMG_5215.JPG

I do not...

if you come down on price I might be interested. shipping to 96750 ?

That is a Lakewood 1-piece scattershield. It will fit either the 10.5" clutch/flywheel or the 11" clutch/flywheel by moving the "starter snout alignment cup" in your bottom right picture. It is currently in the 10.5" clutch/flywheel configuration. When new, they come with a "block plate" that is sandwiched between the scatterhsield & the engine block when bolted up.

On a related note, I used to run a Lakewood 2-piece scattershield because I thought I could take off the "inspection cover" just like a stock bellhousing. That is not the case since to get the Lakewood "inspection cover" off you have to take out the bottom two trans/bellhousing bolts & pull the transmission back, if not completely out. Bottom line, a 1-piece is every bit as good as a 2-piece.

Lakewood for sure, a little pricey without the block saver plate. What happens to all the plates? I see bell housings for sale with out the block saver plate all the time?

how @ $100 plus shipping ?

LWstarter.PNG
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lak-15905
You can make the rest. It bolts on housing and pin goes into starter to hold it in place. I made mine, as you see not available. Since the cup is there the rest is pretty easy. Isn't the one I made but this is it. Small part of pin goes into starter and the larger part of pin holds it against shield.

Last edited:
View attachment 421343 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lak-15905
You can make the rest. It bolts on housing and pin goes into starter to hold it in place. I made mine, as you see not available. Since the cup is there the rest is pretty easy. Isn't the one I made but this is it. Small part of pin goes into starter and the larger part of pin holds it against shield.

You only need this starter adapter if you're running the 10-1/2" style clutch/flywheel. The 11" size doesn't need the starter adapter.

You could probably make your own block plate if you had to by using the bellhousing as a template & looking at pictures online. I think when people sell these scattershields they've just blown a motor and are in no mood to remove the flywheel to get that plate off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back