• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last Carlisle question I promise

tom jaffeux

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
1st time with a car what things are needed for the car and for me to have a enjoyable time?
Let’s hear it.

Mostly lots of money.

Ask all the questions you want, many of us have been going for decades.
Sunscreen.
Hydration of your choice.
Food is fairly good, eating early or late will help waiting in line.
Buy your parts on Thursday or Friday, by Saturday they will be gone.
Steer clear of vendors that stay in tents on their sites. By Saturday they are smelling ripe.
Stop by the FBBO tent, as long as you showered, haha.
See a plastic surgeon when you return home. You're going to have to have that smile removed.

In addition to sunscreen, a broad brimmed hat. I never wear hats normally, but I've learned from experience not to take mine off at Carlisle. Depending on your physical status, you might want to consider scooter rental. If you walk the whole day, it works out to about six miles. When I used to take my wife, she would get to one end of the complex, and then not be able to walk back to the gate.

Last edited:
Along with the aforementioned good advice, a pair of comfortable socks and walking shoes/sneakers.

If you stay at the spot where your car is a 10X10 pop up will give you plenty of shade

Auto Transport Service
Back