• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

I somehow managed to get her block sanded again and now she's ready for paint. I'm supposed to take her in this coming thursday, cant wait. Also made a thingamabob for the the front, it bolts to the front of the frame rails and lets me push it around without the car dollies under the tires, worked out great.

Talked with the painter today and the caddy he's doin' isn't finixhed, says he can do mine on moday. Also he'll come with a trailer to pick her up, can't arfue with that and it saves me the hassle of getting one.

He's still not done with the caddy yet. But he said this thursday for sure, we'll see!!

The painter picked up my car this evening, cant wait to see how she looks lathered in dark charcoal metallic grey. It's funny, he's got the car with all the sheet metal and my garage is still full of parts, go figure.

Hope it all goes well 5.7,looking forward to the update pics, did the painter give you a turn around time on the job?.

could be as soon as a week or up to 2 weeks. The insurance jobs come first which I understand.

watch those insurance jobs, alot of times they never end and the next thing you know your car is out back for the next 18 months. or they rush you through cause your in the way and your paint dosen't turn out the way you wanted it

True, but this is the same guy who did my dads 70 challenger rt a few months ago. He also has a roadrunner that is now going thru the interior part of his shop, also a 63 split window vette getting the whole shabang done to it...never seen the bottom of a vette before, pretty cool. So its a safe bet that my car is in good hands, not to mention talented hands.

WOW! just got do surfing around and looking at all your pics. Very awesome. That's going to be a helluva nice car! Your quite the craftsmen! Can't wait to see more pics.

I'll stop by on weds. to see the progress.

Thanks for the compliment. I'll post more pics when I go to see my car next week.

I stopped by to see how it was coming along, it's in the other shop getting ready for paint this weekend. I'll stop in on monday to see the progress.

On a lighter note, I get to have eye surgery on the 13th, the only one I have left, since my eye was so severly damaged during the persian gulf war, my operation is gonna take 2-4 hours instead of the typical 30 minutes. I can't wait to see again!!!!

My eye surgery got moved up to this Monday the 6th. Cant wait to see again, then again, maybe not such a hot idea considering the guys I work with...lol!

Forgot, the car is still at the painters, hope to see it this week sometime.

The car is painted and looks really good. The sheet metal has to be hung, and I'll get it back next week. Not trying to toot my own horn, but the color fits that body style to a t, and my body work wasn't to shabby either..lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back