• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Nice to see some major progress!!! The 6.1 intake is heavy? Have you hefted a 440 HP stock cast iron intake lately? They are wicked heavy.

Well what I was getting at, is that's it way heavier compared to the lx intake. By the way. those cast iron intakes are really flippin' heavy, makes a good boat anchor, lol!!

Just ordered a new harness to use the 05' computer, should be here in a few weeks.

Just got my "new to me 5.7 hemi heads" in today. Plan for this winter is to put new valves, 6.1 hemi exhaust springs in all locations, valve seals, open up the ports just alittle, 6.1 hemi int./exh. push rods, mill the heads .030, install my 6.1 hemi cam, and new timing chain. This will give me 10.3:1 compression, up from the factory 9.6:1. Then I'll be able to data log with the Diablo Intune and send it off to a cmr tuner and get dialed in. How long till winter, lol??

I was taking the "tune" out of my computer when my keys touched the back of the gauges (instrument panel is out waiting for speedo to be returned) and that dreaded sound of sparking was heard. I shut the ignition switch off, and justed checking for blown fuses. I did find one 10 amp fuse blown, replaced it, and went to finish taking out the tune and whadya know, I dont hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn the key. So I spend another 1/2 hour looking for a blown fuse and cant find ANY!!

So I get the idea of disconnecting the battery and plug in my new computer, just to check and see if the car will start. Damn thing fires right up. So bottom line is the 03 computer is toast and also the programmer. This bites cause I was hoping to sell what I got to someone to help get them started on a 3g hemi transplant.

Got the new speedo today. So far it seems to work, in other words, its not counting mileage with the key turned on like it was before. So as soon as I get the new wiring harness in and installed along with the new computer I'll find out for sure.

I just sent you a pm. getting ready to stuff a 6.1 into my 64 with a couple of heavy breathers :)

What did you do for motor mounts. I read the start of the thread and didn't see the info

BTW, I can help you with tuning that thing if you need it.

Well the new harness (05) from hotwire is in and I got the trinity hooked up, loaded in the 93 octane tune and what a friggin' difference...this thing is an animal, holy chit!!!

I will be taking out the 93 tune and going with the 91 tune cause 91 is the highest octane we have in california. Still learning all what the trinity has to offer, but I'm dually impressed so far.

Lxmodguy, I'm using the mounts from TTI and polylocs from shumacher creative services.

Well the new harness (05) from hotwire is in and I got the trinity hooked up, loaded in the 93 octane tune and what a friggin' difference...this thing is an animal, holy chit!!!

I will be taking out the 93 tune and going with the 91 tune cause 91 is the highest octane we have in california. Still learning all what the trinity has to offer, but I'm dually impressed so far.

Lxmodguy, I'm using the mounts from TTI and polylocs from shumacher creative services.

That's good to hear, I just picked up a Predator, from what I've seen they have the same tunes.

Well I scored a NAG1 and a 2012 5.7 VVT motor with 3k miles on it for my 64 polara build.

I will post a build thread when I get going on it.

I took the car for a drive and on the way home the friggin' fuel pump popped a fuse. The tank must have vibrated enough and hit the hot post, so after waiting on my dad for 1/2 hour he showed up with tools and I was able to move the tank forward and put in a new fuse, and on the road again. Now it's back to the drawing board on the tank posts.

Eye candy

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 552012 005.jpg
    552012 005.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 541
  • 552012 006.jpg
    552012 006.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 733
  • 552012 007.jpg
    552012 007.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 539
  • 552012 008.jpg
    552012 008.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 534
  • 552012 009.jpg
    552012 009.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 524
Lookin' good Zack.....:headbang:

Made an appointment to get the ac charged and thought I would double check everything, well the ac relay was going 100mph and it fried the vintage air harness. I bought this about 3-4 years ago, never filled out the warranty card cause I knew it would be a long time before I got to really use it. I called tech support and they said the relay was toast and to get another one. Installed new relay and the some friggin' problem. Went and got another one this morning and it does the same thing along with frying the harness.

At this point all I want to do is rip the damn thing out and **** can it. Called sales, and explained what happened and that I'm willing to buy an new harness cause its been so long from the date of purchase and I'm sure there is not any warranty. The sales guy asks me if I have the power and ground wires going straight to the battery, I say no, and the reason for not doing it this way is cause every part manufacturer wants the power and ground straight to the battery and if I did that there wouldn't be any room left on the bolts, besides, if you have good grounds to start with (I have battery to chasis, both heads to frame, both heads together, trans to chasis all with star washers to dig in really good). Well he politely disagrees (I'm no electrician by any means) so I say it work just fine before, so why the change???

He asks me to hold after getting my full name and looks up my purchase, this is were it get really good, he says to take the harness and ecu out and send it to them, they will test it and if needed replace the ecu and harness, all covered under the warranty!!!

I tell ya, I thought that was outstanding and I felt better about the whole deal. So when I get it back, I will run the power and grounds to the battery as per their instructions. As a side note, I'm starting to get that feeling that the hot rod gods are screwing with me to see if I'll break, well I got somethin' for their ***, lol!!

Hey Zack, what's going on? I checked my tach, the msd box is set 1&2 on, 3&4 off, and the tach is set to 4cyl, and it still does not read right ( idles at about 400), how is yours? Do the hemi's have a built in rev limiter in park & neutral?

Auto Transport Service
Back