• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Well I talked to a few people today and this is what I got. Chris Squire at hotautowire( may have the mixed up) was kind enough to send me a diagram of the alternator wires and how to check for continuity, very helpful and pleasant to talk to. Dave Weber at modernmuscle, was also a big help and we came up with an idea if the computer is not working properly on the voltage regulation circut. Basicly get a Mopar external regulator and hook it up while using the factory alternator and it should work. This route is MUCH cheaper than a new computer so I will trace the wire down this weekend and go from there. I cant say enough about these 2 guys that helped me today, thanks again.

I am gathering all the info and parts I need to install a 2004 5.7 into my 67 Belvedere. I have the engine from a 04' truck. It appears you are using the stock steering. What oil pan are you using? It also looks like you are using you stock accelerator pedal. Through my research, so far, I thought you had to use the electronic accelerator unit. I know there are differences between the 03' and 04' and up. Any info you could provide, engine mounts, K-member, wiring harness mods, etc, would be great.

Charlies Oil Pan, stock pedal with Lokar cable to the accelerator position sender( the black box on the pass. side by the firewall), TTi engine adapters, Shumacher engine mounts (poly loc), any 66 and up K frame for the b or e body will work fine, wiring harness from Street&Performance(hotrodlane.cc), if you have more ???? just ask.

Well here is the final verdict. Charging system solved. It always helps to have the alternator wire hooked up at the starter post. How this happened is open to interpurtation. Now I have 14v on the voltmeter and volt gauge, the fans will suck in low flying aircraft, the idle is dead smooth, and the fuel pump is more noticeable. Now to wire up the Vintage Air (only the heater) then double check everything, blow it aprt for body and paint, this will be done this weekend,HA HA.:grin:

Leaky lower radiator hose, will tighten and triple check everything.

Next up is to get some video so everyone can hear it. The only thing is I think my PT Cuiser is louder than the Polara,HHHMMMM, sounds as though some 40 series Flowmaster's are in order(pardon the pun).

Leaky lower radiator hose, will tighten and triple check everything.

Are you using Coolflex? Keep and eye on that stuff and check it periodically. I've seen a few of them blow off, either from not being tightened right or from not having the clamps in the right spot. I'm not saying it ever happened to me...........

Rev.

Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye on it.

The idle gets rough after about 40 seconds after it's started. Then it smooths out for a few seconds then back to rough, like its starving for fuel or a cylinder is not firing. Pulled 1 injector wire at a time and no changes, pulled 1 coil wire at a time and no changes, can't seem to figure this out. Now maybe it's because the converter is not in and the computer needs that for some reason, just a guess on my part, so this weekend I will put the converter in and see what happens. Anyone got any ideas???

my old ls1 camaro would do that after siting for a few months without being started and it would clear up after about 10 minutes.

yeah...could be it just needs to learn what it's supposed to be doing

I've let it run for damn near 1/2 hour and it still jerks my chain. Now if the converter should be in then it would make sense (computer controlled). Hell maybe the map sensor is bad, and I do have a spare so I will try it to see what happens next.

Maybe the map sensor isn't workin cause you don't have a map. I've got an old map of Oklahoma you can have.:grin:

I got alot of that kind of stuff from the guys at work today, so why not get some more tonight at home, I must be a glutton for punishment.

Sorry...I don't work on any of the new stuff. Just don't want to spend the money for the diagnostic equipment. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I just fingered the map sensor didn't have a map to sense

well I just changed the map sensor and will fire it up in the morning. the better half and rugrats are sleeping so I'll wait, the reason for this is, sunday the better half came into the man cave and said that I was shaking the walls when I rev the engine, now my dad waited until she went back in the house and said if she thinks this is loud now, you should uncork the headers!!!! Well happy wife=happy life so tommorrow it will be.

I'm learning.

Auto Transport Service
Back