• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

I clicked on the link but cant seem to find your car, help..

Found it, reallll nice. At some point I may go with the 440 cuin. Hemi from Arrington. But that would be quite sometime down the road.

I wouldnt deal with a 440ci hemi honestly - if i had that much coin i would just slap a procharger on my 6.1L... same if not more power but more car show appeal

True, but it looks exactly like a 6.1 , and you could fool everyone.

Hey guy's, I'm still lookin' to see your comments, the good, the bad and the ugly. So lets hear what you have to say. I just poured the oil in it tonight, getting ready to hook up the few remaing wires and hopefully it fires up. Lets all pray to Ma Mopar that it all goes well this weekend.

I've already said I like it, but to keep you happy:edgy:

I dislike braided lines on anything

ya shoulda painted the engine compartment first

FIRE the sumbitch up already:HappyNewYear:

:grin:

69 runner, I appreciate your input "again". The braided line was for mock up purposes only, I'm using black socketless hose from Aeroquip for the fuel lines. The whole car will be painted at once when I'm through with the entire mock up of the drive train, exhaust, hood scoop, and any other holes that need to be in place BEFORE paint.
when I'm satisfied with the above then blow the whole thing apart down to a rollong chasis for bodywork and paint. Hopefully this weekend it will "LIVE".

I figured you were doing a full mock up before paint, but I had to yank your chain. It's a really cool project, and I think I'm as excited to see it fire as you are.

Are you able to post video after it's running?

I'm gonna video tape it, and then try to post it here so people can see and hear it. Thanks for pulling my chain, I needed that! Now I just to light a fire under my *** and get this done.

I have a question. Can I have it when it's all done?

:D

Looks great and I love the whole idea of modern power in classic styling. Great job.

For the sake of conversation, you mentioned a "few snags" in your original post. What was the biggest problem?

You can have it IF you can get the keys out of my cold dead clammy hands.

The biggest snag was the torsion bar cross member, it had to be cut out just as it starts to rise with the floor pan. The 545rfe trans is SOOOOO much wider than the small block 727 it replaced, I did not have a choice. I fabbed a piece using 1/4 inch plate and put the bend I needed at work and then it trim alittle at a time until perfect, then 1/4 inch square tubing to follow the contour then another 1/8 inch plate to box it all. It took some time to do but it was worth it, also this was done after the subframe connectors were in as to keep the car level because of the soon to be gaping hole that was needed. I must say that it turned out nice and everything fit back where it was supposed to.

Thanks for the compliment. Taking a break from the wiring to watch the rugrats while the wife does some shopping. Remember-- Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Sunday evening and still not done. I ran into some problems, starter not going in with the hedders installed, moved fuel line from the drivers side to the passenger side, and finally the wiring harness had to pulled out more from the inside of the car so that a few of the wires were able to go to there respective places. My back is soar from laying on the garage floor and I still need to wire up 8 more wires, Any Volunteers?

Well I'll get some time this weekend to finish things and see if she will fire up, hopefully the extinguisher will NOT have to be used!!!

Battery is in, cable run up the the starter, all that is left is 4 wires. Directions sorta confusing but managed to figure them outlate sunday evening. I'll get the gauges hooked up this week and then finish the 4 wires and hopefully fire it up. Did I mention that this is also a hybrid? It burns gas and rubber, kinda cheesy but I saw it on a t-shirt at the Fall Finale in VanNuys and thought it was cool.

I can't wait to see the finished project, this has been very inspiring, has me scrounging junk yards for late model hemi's.

That will makes 2 of us. Tonight I did a little more wiring, damn little, with rugrats its hard to get much time but this is just a project and they take priority. Perhaps I'll get some more done tommorrow night after thay go to bed?

:tongueflap:Jan 31, She Lives. The throttle response is unbelivable. Now for the bad news, the injectors all leak to varying degrees even though new o-rings were installed, some kind of whine with new belt and pulleys-no belt no whine go figure, and lastly the power steering resivor has a small leak from the return side- no biggie, just tighten the fitting and it should stop. All inall Ican say that this thing will **** and get when its finally on the road. The sound with the tti hedders and x-pipe system sound GREAT. Maybe if I get a chance tommorrow I will check the aformentioned and see what I can do. I'm tickeled pink right now becuase alot of hard work went into this and also that all my friends were busy today so I wired it myself (no prior experience) and the damn thing worked!!! Ma Mopar must have been watching over me!

Auto Transport Service
Back