• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest Progress on the 67

Thanks!
I added a little extra chrome strip to the panel this morning while having my morning coffee. I felt it needed something to break up the field a bit. Just another little extra touch.

IMGP2710.jpg

Took a break from a few my other tasks this afternoon, and recovered one of the rear panels. I still have to apply the Pearl and add the trim, but it turned out well enough for me. This panel use to have a big silver dollar size crater in it about 1/2" deep, but I made repairs in that area before recovering.

IMG_5574.JPG

Finished up that rear panel this morning. One side of the car down, one to go.

IMG_5582.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

Looks great!

I’m not familiar with 67 chargers, what’s this part on the door panels? I noticed they didn’t get recovered.

CD51D02D-E800-49B7-8476-51808E051178.jpeg

Ayuh... That's correct! Each Panel gets a section of carpet at the bottom. I'll be putting those carpet pieces on once I have all 4 panels done.

Here's a shot of my original door panel with the carpet in place. The new carpet will be a medium saddle brown color now however.

100_4897.JPG

Here's a Photoshop I did illustrating the new look of the panel when finished.

Door Panel4.jpg

That's carpet. On a 66 for example, there's 22 individual carpet pieces
Thanks! I’ve always been a fan of the 66/67 chargers, they have very unique styling, and a lot of it! I was looking for one 5 years ago, not having any luck I stumbled upon a 68 GTX that was too good to pass up, so I “settled” for that:lol:.

Some of the other interior parts have been done as well, like the rear seats for instance, all recovered and ready. Still waiting on new covers for the front though.
These use to be Black with Black seat medallions

IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5046.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG
IMGP2466.JPG
IMG_5095.JPG

A lot of details and trim in those interiors but they sure are nice looking.

Looks great!

I’m not familiar with 67 chargers, what’s this part on the door panels? I noticed they didn’t get recovered.

View attachment 1316212
Do you have any in progress pictures of doing the door panels? Did you strip the old vinyl off the padding? What did you use to patch any damage to the padding?

Do you have any in progress pictures of doing the door panels? Did you strip the old vinyl off the padding? What did you use to patch any damage to the padding?
Call on 67 Mopar, he’s the op, I’m just a spectator of his awesome work
:thumbsup:

Sorry, no progress pic's available... at least not for the application of the new vinyl. Once you start your more or less committed to the task, for a number of reasons.
I did not strip the old vinyl off first, as this would have ruined surface. Not to mention damaging the old dried out foam beneath.
For the vinyl repairs, I used cloth and a vinyl repair kit. Another incredibly tedious job, especially when doing large fills like I had to do. It can take several days in some cases. Both rear panels were damaged, as well as the center armrests. In fact there was almost nothing that didn't need to be touched up or repaired for the interior restoration. Example: both of the rear sail panel covers had broken, important attachment points broken off. The rear seats had caught on fire at some point in the past (lit cigarettes dropped under the seats). The foam was all burnt up and destroyed, but no one bothered to fix it, they just put new covers over the farg'n mess and damage. That said I had to make repairs, replacing the damaged foam with new stuff shaped to match the original (rear seat foams are not available for this car, only fronts). I spent months repairing everything, but it's all coming together now though.

Here's a shot of the damaged rear passenger side panel before making the necessary repairs, and another shot is of the drivers side panel being repaired. The drivers side was just old and cracked however, so it was a fairly simple fix... it only took 3 days for that one.

Rear_Panel2.jpg

IMG_4956.JPG

Last edited:
SEM Products... Soaps & Preps, followed by SEM Mystic White for a base to cover the black. Then SEM Ranger White for the final Off White tone needed. I am recovering the original black interior door panels with an Off White vinyl, so I needed to match the color of that vinyl as close as possible. After that everything gets dusted with Pearl from Herbs, which is the same as OER.
I personally like the Pearl from Yearone the best, but they couldn't supply me with the quantity I needed at the time.

This is a shot of the Off White vinyl held against one of the painted plastic interior pieces. They were each dusted with pearl for an even comparison.
The silvery white seen in the background on this test panel is the Mystic White base color.
View attachment 1287347
So you RECOVERED the door panels? Are you simply gluing over the original vinyl or will you R&R the old vinyl? I was afraid to touch the original vinyl so I painted over with two part... but it can scratch and show the original avocado green vinyl would love to hear how it turns out.

Sorry, no progress pic's available... at least not for the application of the new vinyl. Once you start your more or less committed to the task, for a number of reasons.
I did not strip the old vinyl off first, as this would have ruined surface. Not to mention damaging the old dried out foam beneath.
For the vinyl repairs, I used cloth and a vinyl repair kit. Another incredibly tedious job, especially when doing large fills like I had to do. It can take several days in some cases. Both rear panels were damaged, as well as the center armrests. In fact there was almost nothing that didn't need to be touched up or repaired for the interior restoration. Example: both of the rear sail panel covers had broken, important attachment points broken off. The rear seats had caught on fire at some point in the past (lit cigarettes dropped under the seats). The foam was all burnt up and destroyed, but no one bothered to fix it, they just put new covers over the farg'n mess and damage. That said I had to make repairs, replacing the damaged foam with new stuff shaped to match the original (rear seat foams are not available for this car, only fronts). I spent months repairing everything, but it's all coming together now though.

Here's a shot of the damaged rear passenger side panel before making the necessary repairs, and another shot is of the drivers side panel being repaired. The drivers side was just old and cracked however, so it was a fairly simple fix... it only took 3 days for that one.

View attachment 1318319

View attachment 1318318
Ah... sorry, I responded to your earlier post prior to seeing this. still, I would love to see what it looks like now.

Started working on recovering the old black interior panels to match the new interior. I've only started the one at the moment.
Never done this before, so I'm being cautious, taking my time, so as not to screw it up to bad. :lol:

View attachment 1312027
That looks incredible. And it will be durable. I may have to try this myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back