• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest Roadkill Garage? 71 Duster /6

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Got a couple of pretty good laughs on the newest episode. They got the Duster running after it sat for 29 years but the old /6 didn't last all too long. As they were driving it to Steve's shop, it started losing it's guts so they finished it off at a car wash by nailing the throttle in neutral then after pulling the 6, they dropped it in a dumpster. It wasn't left in the dumpster though. David was bad mouthing it and calling out the things that was wrong with them including the 4 main bearings. Steve 'corrected' him saying it had 5....sorry Steve, you're wrong.

I have watched it a few times and I did catch the latest one on the Duster. Actually, I cannot stand Frieburger at all but with Dulcich, he has a world of good knowledge and tips when it comes to MOPARS. He did a monthly piece in one of the MOPAR Magazines but I forget which. As for Frieburger? Personally a total Jerk and anyone that wears Flip Flops while wrenching on cars deserve the eventual loss of toes or a foot. Couldn't happen to a more deserving nut case:screwy::screwy::screwy:...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I like Freiburger, he's a real car guy,but he is way over the top with his hacks and use of zip ties! I was glad to see him put an old school small block with a tunnel ram dual quad intake manifold in the crusher Camaro, loved the old school Cragar wheels with slicks too,and the thing ran 10s! Also glad to see the General Mayhem get some metal work done by Chris Birdsong, and an old school 440 back between the framerails! Now if Finnegan would rip that Japanese crap out of the death metal Charger all could be right in the world!

I think sometimes Freiberger gets caught up in what corporate thinks people want. And then in roadkill garage he gets to relax and be back on earth. I agree with @chargervert , so glad the general mayhem went back to its roots, and the crusher went old school.

I enjoy when they take dormant muscle cars and get them back to being roadworthy vehicles. I have several that need this done to them. It is something that anyone can do this and should be doing this while we still can do so.

I think Freiberger is totally infatuated with Finnegan. It appears to me he spends his waking hours contemplating how he can act and sound exactly like him. I know he is a smart fella, but be yourself player, you would be easier to watch and listen to.

Dulcich is himself 100%, I respect that.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look for that episode.

I like these guys because the keep it pretty real, and they are having fun. It's what its supposed to be about.

DF, in my mind, gets a lot of credit for helping elevate muscle-era Mopars within the general car community due to his input as editor of Hot Rod Magazine (and Roadkill, etc.). As far as his flip flops, I'm sure it is in some sense a nod to ol' Gray Baskerville, past long time loved editor of Hot Rod Magazine, who was infamous for wearing them everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look for that episode.

I like these guys because the keep it pretty real, and they are having fun. It's what its supposed to be about.

DF, in my mind, gets a lot of credit for helping elevate muscle-era Mopars within the general car community due to his input as editor of Hot Rod Magazine (and Roadkill, etc.). As far as his flip flops, I'm sure it is in some sense a nod to ol' Gray Baskerville, past long time loved editor of Hot Rod Magazine, who was infamous for wearing them everywhere.
If I remember right DF mentioned that he had toenail fungus and started wearing them for that....

They were toating how great it ran until it didn't
Steve corrected Dave on the main journals #5
Dave said 5 after he org. said 4

they should have saved the 3 speed trans etc.

I saw a disclaimer at the end, it wasn't left in the dumpster,
they recycled it
But;
it did make a satisfying thump, when it hit the bottom of the dumpster

knocking SOB, rod/rods wanted out

if it was a 225cid may have been a lil' better
leaning tower of power (NOT)

They drove that Duster on the Hot Rod Power Tour back in June. Guess they’ll have more episodes coming up, they were filming with on HRPT.

They had me at "wreck runner"!
They drove that shitbox through the streets of SoCal with it pointing in about 3 different directions at once...then pieced it back together and road tripped it 1000+ miles...how can you not love that.
As for this Duster episode, I haven't seen it yet but it is funny how Freiberger constantly dogs the /6 and Dulcich is always sticking up for them.

I like all those shows. Never have talked to them but having been to a fair number of drag week races in person, it all seems genuine to me and that's what makes it work. They seem to really all enjoy each other's company and it comes off as though it's just buddies messing with cars.

it wasn't left in the dumpster,
they recycled it
I mentioned that in the original post.... and DF mentioned before it started running bad that he didn't like /6's....iirc

Auto Transport Service
Back