• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaf Springs for 1964

rolling_Thunder

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
What are you guys running for replacement leafs on your 1964? Looking at the factory specs and they are 21" front and 35" rear... Later B body is 22/36 and A bodies are 20/35... so do you guys get replacement 1964 leafs or just run extended front hangers and run A body leafs?

ESPO things and springs can get you exactly what you need. Goggle em! 440'

The ESPO leafs I had on my '66 were real good quality. Pretty sure they will make the 21" front segment style for you.
Other option would be a local spring builder shop. That might get pricy.

anyone have pictures of ESPO springs on a 64? Just trying to determine if I want to go with stock height or +1"

anyone have pictures of ESPO springs on a 64? Just trying to determine if I want to go with stock height or +1"
I have a simple answer. Buy the plus 1", if it's too high, put in a one inch spacer (or whatever thickness you want. The spacer could also be machined to adjust pinion angle if neccessary.

St. Louis Spring Co. can also supply what you need.

I have the front spring hangers that come with the US car tool spring relocation set up. I originally re drilled it to allow for 20" 002/003 ss springs but went with split mono's instead ( Plus 1") so I went back to the center hole which is equal to stock ride height. The plus 1" mono's sit almost as high as the 002/003's did. With a 29.5-30" the rear tire ,the quarter panel sits just above the bulge in the sidewall. Car should probably sit a touch lower than that but it's a street car and I like that heavy rake look.

Auto Transport Service
Back