• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Less 150lb

With no ballast mine is 310 lbs nose heavy. It hooks really well. We move 80lbs in and out of the trunk all the time. Doesn't bother the 60 ft at all. However when we reduce timing from 35 to 27 along with weight in the rear 100-200 lbs to run index (from 9.0x to 9.25). It kills the 60 ft especially with high water grains. Believe it or not part of that is tire spin. It just doesn't hit the tire hard enough to plant it. It's an ongoing battle. Going to try something other than timing to slow it for index next year. When we run it flat out the 60ft varies less than .00x. Until late evening when it the dew point drops. Even then seldom more than .01 in 60ft from pass to pass. So you can make it work nose heavy. It just takes some different settings.
Doug
Good to hear. I don't yet know how nose heavy I am, but I would guess 60/40. I'm gonna do what I can to try for 55/45.

Thank you for the replies, definitely going to drop the pounds.
Our hood on the scales today came in at 79lb ! The new glass hood is 26lb apparently, so -53lb
Will be more in the front bumper swap , brackets, horn delete ect.
Don’t know what is achieved by taking weight from the rear but there is a 40lb saving in going to a lithium battery

Finished up my hood today. Completed hood weight came in right at 30 lbs. I’ll see 37 lbs off the front from the steel hood-fibreglass scoop/stock hinges compared to the fibreglass hood with modified hinges.

IMG_9931.jpeg

Yeah taking weight off the back
& not taking more off the front can get tricky
a lighter car is always better
But you may end up needing to add some back "in ballast"
do some shock adjustments or limit the front suspension
or even free it up more, to get the proper weight transfer
add the "ballast" where it's actually needed, it will still be lighter overall too...

HP - Weight ratios

like said before, a rule of thumb in a 9-11 second car,
is about 1/10th ET per 100#s either less or more

keep up the good work
& Good Luck

Yeah taking weight off the back
& not taking more off the front can get tricky
a lighter car is always better
But you may end up needing to add some back "in ballast"
do some shock adjustments or limit the front suspension
or even free it up more, to get the proper weight transfer

keep up the good work
& Good Luck
Cheers,
The suspension set up in the car is very good, we do all this on a 9” or 235/60 radial so had our fair share of wheel spin issues. Car is mint at the moment but yes fully aware that we may have trouble with weight off

Auto Transport Service
Back