• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's recommend a new vehicle for an old girlfriend.

SteveSS

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Yes, she's very pretty and she's married but we talk all the time. I know she wants a new vehicle and is about to pull the trigger. I would say she's upper middle class. The last car she bought was a used Mercedes convertible. Which I would not have recommended. I think she's okay with a 2+2 but She's not going to get a Challenger/Charger. She splits her time between a house in KC and a condo in Florida. She likes to golf and rides her bike every day.

Sporty: 2024 Mustang FRZ GR86 twins. Must have room for her golf bags.

Sedan: Accord Camry I'm still a little iffy on the Kia/Hyundai stuff

SUV ????

Small truck: Maybe but aren't they too popular to get a deal right now?

Tell her to ask her cuck husband.

looney-tunes-laugh.gif

When I look for a new ride, the first thing I want is dealership support available without having to drive more than 30-45 minutes away. Some vehicles are really cool but the novelty wears off quick when work has to be done and you are stuck with no courtesy car to drive and you have an hour plus X2 drive to do.

I would rather be an ex-boyfriend than husband. She has no kids. She knows I know cars. The fact that she likes convertibles says she knows she is attractive and doesn't mind flaunting it.

Wait..... is this the hot 66 YEAR OLD again???? :lol:

Tell her to watch Scotty Kilmer videos on YouTube.

If she has any issues with whatever you suggest, it will turn into a real headache for you.

I would agree with Sam69Sat. Let the wearer of the gold band do his job.

If she turns her nose up at a charger or challenger who cares what she gets

In the first post the gist is a NEW car or SUV needing room for golf bag, maybe for a bike or a rack. Then perhaps a truck? Would she want one though given your mentioning she likes verts? SUV’s are most popular, obviously, but my wife doesn’t like them preferring a sedan. My daughter has a CRV I got used for her she loves and expects to drive it for fifty years. Lol. I think it sucks with the oil consumption and won’t buy a Honda again.

We’ve owned two Hyundai Sonata’s, the first foreign car I finally bought and have to say they’ve been the most fix-it free vehicles we’ve had. A bud’s wife is on her 2nd Hyundai SUV (Tucson or Santa FE – whichever is the larger one) I’ve rode in a few times. Bought them new (leases) and she loves them getting another. Heard good things about Subaru SUV’s (my brother’s wife has had a couple of them they bought new).

I’d assume your ex has given you more to go on – about what sort of vehicle she has in mind including price range? Higher? Then you get into the more uppity-scale rides that might suit her tastes. Does she like to drive btw her homes or fly? A roomier vehicle might be what she could use. AWD is a nice thing in bad weather.

Porsche 718 Cayman S. A golf bag will fit in the back.

If she has to have a cabriolet, then she should get a Porsche 718 Boxster S. The long clubs will most likely have to be placed in the passenger cabin.

Did I mention "just walk away"? :p

Last edited:
One of the new Corvettes that has a Depends dispenser and disposal system option.

One of the new Corvettes that has a Depends dispenser and disposal system option.
I think you're onto something there. Around one half of the C7 and C8 drivers I see around Savannah are older women.

Auto Transport Service
Back