• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An old girlfriend is asking for car buying advice.

I know an old gal that wants to be my girlfriend......axe her if she'd like a Miata.....

My wife considered one of these a few years back, was impressed when we met a couple who had 200,000 miles on their SC430 and loved it. My wife drove small Toyotas before changing to Lexus, and decided she preferred four door cars. Her current ride is an IS250.
I just spent some time reworking a 2007 IS 250 AWD for my son. Very nice car and fun to drive.

I just spent some time reworking a 2007 IS 250 AWD for my son. Very nice car and fun to drive.
My wife has had her 2007 for seven years, with no issues. Toyota products are the only ones built my wife and her relatives can't destroy. Her family seems to carry a gene that prevents proper operation of mechanical equipment.

My wife has had her 2007 for seven years, with no issues. Toyota products are the only ones built my wife and her relatives can't destroy. Her family seems to carry a gene that prevents proper operation of mechanical equipment.
Oh I'm sure my x could figure out a way to do it LOL. The only vehicle that stood up to her was 2000 fully loaded Durango complete with tow package and 3.90 limited slip rear. It stood up to her for 20 years which surprised me to the max! What got it was a simple freaking heater hose and when the check engine light finally came on and the temp gauge was way over, she kept driving it because she didn't want to stop. Well, it stopped for her.....and it was done. My step daughter was just like her until she figured out she didn't want to spend money needlessly and takes better care of things these days.

We know one person that has a Porsche and was shocked when the normal oil change and check over came to 1200.00$ Canadian.
Reminds me of a true story, back in the Later 70’s.
An acquaintance and three buddy’s always golfed on Thursday. One time one guy missed, so they got another guy that hung around that wasn’t in a regular foursome.
One of the regulars said he just bought a 34 foot motor home. The fill in said aren’t you worried about gas mileage? The owner said, if I can afford to by it I can’t complain about cost of fuel.
One of our friends have three Mercedes, started complaining about cost of maintenance and repairs. Finally another friend asked if he was bragging that he could afford this.
Then said sell them off and buy Toyota’s. Never heard about the cost of owning a Benze again.

There is a Detroit Diesel facility here in Canton. Since they are part of Mercedes, employees get a phenomenal discount on cars.
I was told by a guy who’s wife works there, that they keep them until the first maintenance is due (over $1k I think) then trade them in.
I believe it since there are an incredible amount of Mercedes on the roads here.

My wife loves her Subaru, and they are very good cars. Easy to work on, they seem to go forever, get great gas mileage, and there’s some really sporty models. My wife really liked her Forrester, it cut through the snow with zero effort, she has an Outback now, really nice car, but not as good in the snow. Not that your friend would need that feature in Florida, but I’ll bet they’re good in the sand as well!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back