• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's recommend a new vehicle for an old girlfriend.

Why not buy the greatest automobile ever built?

The car wizard explains what I've known for years.

Call me confused by the inquiry. I get that she’s pretty, you keep in contact, she’s upper middle class, she golfs, rides a bicycle, has two homes, and likes verts. Ok she likes verts, does she have interest in something other than a vert, such as an SUV or a truck? Would extra cargo capacity and AWD be something she’d like, maybe driving instead of flying btw her homes in a vert-less vehicle? Have you discussed price ranges she prefers? Maybe the average schmuck vehicles won’t suit her tastes wanting something more upscale. Maybe she has seen a vehicle or two on the road she likes and she could ask you about those?

Problem solved-

Reliable- check
Convertible- check
Carries golf bag- check

1701449602021.png

Porsche 718 Cayman S. A golf bag will fit in the back.

If she has to have a cabriolet, then she should get a Porsche 718 Boxster S. The long clubs will most likely have to be placed in the passenger cabin.

Did I mention "just walk away"? :p

The gen 1-3 Dakota is the crown vic of Mopar.

Yeah, they're pretty damn good cars..

...except for removing the FI and intake to change the water pump, etc.

...and the battery right over top of the anti-lock controller computer.

Last edited:
20231027_192451.jpg

Not sure what you mean about the waterpumps.. (4.6 sohc)

But there'll always be a chink in the armor somewhere..

My wife used to get chauffeured around in the Chrysler Turbine car, back in the day! Maybe you can get Jay Leno to chauffeur her around and carry her golf clubs!

Resized_20201222_202134(1).jpeg

I have a mental flowchart for the next time we speak. Price, Car, Truck, SUV. Then proceed down through sizes, power, etc. It helps when someone brings up a vehicle I'm not familiar with.

Mine didn't mind driving trucks....even drove the 97 2500 Club Cab long bed CTD.
Call me confused by the inquiry. I get that she’s pretty, you keep in contact, she’s upper middle class, she golfs, rides a bicycle, has two homes, and likes verts. Ok she likes verts, does she have interest in something other than a vert, such as an SUV or a truck? Would extra cargo capacity and AWD be something she’d like, maybe driving instead of flying btw her homes in a vert-less vehicle? Have you discussed price ranges she prefers? Maybe the average schmuck vehicles won’t suit her tastes wanting something more upscale. Maybe she has seen a vehicle or two on the road she likes and she could ask you about those?
Convertible early 70's VW Bug??
Diesel powered rolling coal!

QuickBPBP: She's prettier than the blonde in the convertible but her boobs are not quite that big. They're not bad though, although I haven't seen them in a long time.

I also told her to buy something cheap and then buy a restored 1973 Charger like her dad owned in yellow and white or a 1978 blue Camaro like her mom owned.

YELLOW.jpg

Mine didn't mind driving trucks
My wife despises driving my 4x4 Dakota and it was worse when I had my ’98 Ram 1500 years ago. Only plus back then, she was about 20 years younger being more-nimble then and pre-back injury. Even riding in it is a PIA for her getting in it. I may need to keep a step-stool in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back