• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see some Watches

Wear it all the time. Orange is almost worn off.

View attachment 727673
I love that Omega, almost bought one in 2008. The reason the bezel is orange is because when you dive, orange is the last color that you can see under water.
Cool watch, my friend.
I own the Omega Dark Side of the Moon.

download (8).jpg

Hate wearing a watch, pinching arm hair, scratched.lens...only watch I wear is a Citizens pro master drive watch.besides who needs a watch these days everyone has a friggin cell phone !!
photo(4).jpeg

Haven't wore a watch in ten years. Tag Heuer, 25 years old and Movado, 15 years old
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

****, I haven't worn a watch in 15 years.
There are clocks everywhere these days. Car, phone, stove, fridge, microwave, thermostat, banks, billboards on the highway. Hell my riding mower even has a clock on it. If you need a small device on your wrist to tell you what time it is you're not paying attention.

I started wearing a watch in junior high & at that time, the thing to get was a wide leather band. Over the years, I've had many different watches, nut none that were ever worth anything. About 6-7 years ago, I stopped wearing a watch & I don't miss it. Clocks are just everywhere.

Like a lot of oldsters, we grew up wearing watches...it's a ritual that I never broke from despite my cell phones, computers, and clocks everywhere today. I have my phone in a clip on my belt and to check the time quickly sometimes it's still easier to look at my watch. Heck, I'll even look at my watch when I have my phone in my hand. Old habit. For several years I got into watch buying and selling then gave that up. It's a hobby some relish. Now I wear a Timex I paid $30 for.

I never liked the way watches tangle and pull out the hair on my arm. This shop clock has served me well for many many years.
image.jpeg

Well if we are talking clocks now, here is my garage clock. It was in the lobby of the TV repair shop I worked at in the late 1970s. The business closed in 1987. I had told the owner I wanted the clock.
It's dated 1952 and he wrote when the bulbs were replaced. It's only had two sets of bulbs in 67 years. Keeps perfect time.

20180817_182318.jpg

Love an Accutron. Some great history in those watches having made most of the timing instruments for NASA during the space race. Even though Omega became the "Offical" NASA watch, the Accutron did more to accomplish landing on the moon.

I gave my wife an engraved Wittenaur Diamond Swiss for our first anniversary. Really nice super thin watch. She loves it!

Me, I wear a FitBit, and beat the crap out of it, but have been wanting a nice dress watch for a while. I've always liked Breitling, but if I could have any dress watch it would probably be a Hublot Arturo Fuente. Just a really sharp dress watch.

One of the craziest watches I have seen is Hublot's Ferrari watch. That is just some crazy engineering in that thing!

https://www.hublot.com/en/collection/mp/mp-05-laferrari-aperta?serie=46

hublot_fuente_gold_00_50205a6b32_700.jpg

Looking at my wrist is much easier than digging phone out of my pocket, and I am not tethered to my phone like some folks so I wear a wristwatch.

image.jpg

Left to right: el cheapo daily wear; Invicta divers watch; solid gold Lord Elgin. The Lord Elgin belonged to my great uncle Charles. He was the Archbishop of Harrisburg. When he died, his sisters got his watch. When they died, all their jewelry was put in a pile and anything not claimed by someone was going to be thrown in the trash. They didn’t claim the watch because it didn’t work. (Who the hell throws gold in the trash???!). I found a coworker who repaired watches as a hobby and he completely restored the watch to like new condition for $40. Don’t know how much it may be worth (not likely more than just a few hundred) but it is priceless to me.

1954 Rolex oyster, I have others but this is my fav
20190303_130203.jpg

I've been collecting watches for years. I'm a big vintage Omega fan. I have a few Constellations and Seamasters. Also have a Rolex that I never wear, an IWC, a Hamilton and some other not as known watches. When I work I wear a Casio G Shock solar powered. This is my favorite casual watch. The beads of rice band is very comfortable.

Seamaster120.jpg

People make fun of my watch but the calculator had been quite handy in construction and with figuring stuff on cars.
Boooo.JPG

My dad gave me his Longine's watch 30 some years ago he wore for years as I remember as a kid. My mother gave it to him as a Christmas gift and inscribed on the back 'Dick from Betty December 1953'. I had it refurbished and would only wear it on rare occasions when having to dress up. I had planned to get a new band on it and give it to my nephew who loved his departed grandparents. I put it in my glove box to take it in. Well...**** I had to get my truck serviced unexpectedly and left the watch in the truck forgetting I had it in there. Later I discovered it had been 'lifted'. Broke my heart to say the least that it was gone and offered a $1000 reward to get it back no questions asked. Sadly no luck. Anyone having had a cherished possession lifted knows the feeling...
upload_2019-3-4_10-38-26.png

I have a small collection of watches. 2 Rolex. 3 Tag Heuers 1 Omega 1 Zenith 2 Breitlings 1 Tudor and a solar powered G-Shock for work. The goal is a Patek Phillipe. Since the one that I want is 2.6 million dollars, I don't see it on my wrist anytime soon.

View attachment 727667

Damn Paul, I didnt know you were such a connoisseur of watches!! :thumbsup:

Here's my daily watch...Breitling Super Avenger. I also have a Tag Heuer Link.

This is about the best close up pic I can find...

Ash Trail 16 (452).JPG
breitling1.PNG

Auto Transport Service
Back