• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see some Watches

I am like most of ya'll and have not worn a wrist watch in many years. The last one I bought is a Citizen because it was low profile and, at the time, I had to wear long sleeve shirts at work and did not like the way the taller watches kept the sleeve from going down to the wrist.

79320ec0493aab5c49950d054b754a808f0fd2e3385933077ea5844dadee026e.jpg

I did the wrist watch years ago (before cell phones) and I have the scars to prove it. Working on cars for a living I'd pull my arm out and it would catch on something and rip my arm up. Then I started useing the rubber/plastic type and they would break if they got caught on something. So I went to pocket watches and I'd bust them leaning over a fender or carrying something heavy. I even stopped wearing my wedding band after I got it hooked on a piece of steal one day and it almost amputated my finger.

I've always liked the different watches out there but I don't get along with them.

I did the wrist watch years ago (before cell phones) and I have the scars to prove it. Working on cars for a living I'd pull my arm out and it would catch on something and rip my arm up. Then I started useing the rubber/plastic type and they would break if they got caught on something. So I went to pocket watches and I'd bust them leaning over a fender or carrying something heavy. I even stopped wearing my wedding band after I got it hooked on a piece of steal one day and it almost amputated my finger.

I've always liked the different watches out there but I don't get along with them.

At work I would remove my watch from my wrist and place it on my pants belt...

I hear you 100%. I take my wedding band off while working on most things, not just cars, and hang it on the wedding band nail in the shop so I always know where it is.
The hell of it is most times I forget to put it back on then catch hell from the wife.

I hear you 100%. I take my wedding band off while working on most things, not just cars, and hang it on the wedding band nail in the shop so I always know where it is.
The hell of it is most times I forget to put it back on then catch hell from the wife.
Always keeps her guessing.

Here’s mine. Rolex explorer 2. Newer remake of the Steve McQueen explorer 2

099802D0-765C-4952-BB0D-1D1624D89A4E.jpeg

Damn Paul, I didnt know you were such a connoisseur of watches!! :thumbsup:

Here's my daily watch...Breitling Super Avenger. I also have a Tag Heuer Link.

This is about the best close up pic I can find...

View attachment 728395 View attachment 728390
I started collecting fine watches about 20 years ago. I have had as many as 16, but sold some of the ones that I never wore. I love that Breitling, I have a Chronomat 44 with a black face. Here is my Tag Link, and the Tag that I bought my wife for Christmas.
20190305_111627.jpg
20181225_105739.jpg

A couple Bulovas, a Shinola, Breitling, and a couple Citizens. Forgot my TAWATEC. Awesome, inexpensive watch.

f0ta1l.jpg
zin1p4.jpg
21m9jwg.jpg

If anyone finds da scumbag that stole my dear departed dad's watch do me a favor would ya...

From another thread on the same subject a while ago....

Last year for my birthday my Lesbian neighbour gave me a new Rolex. I said thanks, but she must have misunderstood me when I said I just wanna watch. :D

Here's my only watch - Seiko Sports 150m dive watch (I use my phone to tell time now) :)

20150226_215118_zps5anuytpt.jpg

Retired March 1 2008 went to visit and fish Table Rock Lake with a life long friend that had retired several years later and relocated to Kimberling City. We had had a great time caught fish shot our rifles,hand guns you know had a great time.One evening in his truck heading to dinner in Branson he noticed me looking at my wrist watch (on my left wrist-he was driving) a VERY bad habit I had at the time! He reached over broke the band and told me I did not need that now!!! BEST THING that happend-NOT wore one since!!!

Most kids these days, would have a hard time with anything analog. Watches are an adult thing.

As well as that retirement watch, my union presented me with this pocket watch. Engraved on the back are my service years and lodge number.
upload_2019-3-9_13-54-59.png

Last edited:
image.jpg

Just got this Captain America Invicta watch. It is very comfortable.

Auto Transport Service
Back