• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see some Watches

Here's a few of mine anyway...

Watch1.jpg
Watch3.jpg

Watch5.jpg
Watch6.jpg

Watch2.jpg
Watch4.jpg

Way back when, I used these two every day at work... Plum wore out the original, replacing it with the Data Bank version. Primarily for on location geometry & trigonometry calculations, I used them every day for years. These watches were super handy back then.

Casio Cal.jpg
Casio DB.jpg

I hope I didn't post this already. I bought a 90's 18K gold Rolex Datejust like the one from American Psycho. (Yes it's verified by a jeweler.)
Psycho.jpg
A dear friend of mine got into gambling trouble and I had to bail him out. I paid full retail and then some. It needs a service but I'll post a picture after that.

My nice watch is a Rolex Submariner, but I don't wear it when working on cars, houses etc. My one Uncle bought it for me for my 40th birthday.

upload_2019-11-12_21-58-34.png

I also have a Citizen Blue Angels Titanium watch, but the battery is no longer holding a charge very well. I got this from my other uncle when he passed on.
upload_2019-11-12_22-0-14.png

My "beater" watch is a Timex G-Shock.

Rolex watches are a solid investment and don't seem to be subject to ebbs and flows in the watch market. I dabbled in buying and selling old watches for a few years, looking for the unusual time pieces and best I estimate maybe around a break even overall when I was into it. I occasionally do a search for old watches yet when I have the time (pun intended) but at my age now the attraction has waned. If ya got a Rolex, and a few other notable brands, you're in nice shape...Omega, GP, Breitling...good to have.

I was friggin devastated when my dad's Franklin Longine's watch was lifted from my truck when I had to take the truck in for repair unexpectedly, forgetting to take it out. It was in the console box to take it in to get a new band as I was going to gift it to my nephew who was very close to his grandpa. My mother had given it to my dad - inscribed on the back "Dick from Betty December 1953". My dad wore it for some 20 years. ******* irreplaceable of course, as my dad gave it to me in the early-80's. With both folks now departed, it's a special family heirloom now gone. Some ******* POS got a few bucks for it maybe to go buy booze or drugs I suppose. I contacted the PD and searched/contacted pawn shops within a 200m mile radius. Posted ads for a $1000 reward despite an estimated value of around $400 for that watch. Well - as most of us know we despise thieves and hope the worst for them if they don't eventually-finally get caught pulling the stealing ****!

I have a small collection of watches. 2 Rolex. 3 Tag Heuers 1 Omega 1 Zenith 2 Breitlings 1 Tudor and a solar powered G-Shock for work. The goal is a Patek Phillipe. Since the one that I want is 2.6 million dollars, I don't see it on my wrist anytime soon.

View attachment 727667

So you find said watch you want on some dude and you just take it ! I bet they won't say anything to you !

I have to admit that I have a bit of a watch addiction, not near as bad as my Mopar or gun addiction but one nonetheless. I am not really about collectability or anything like that, I just like what I like. Currently I have;

Panarai GMT
Rolex GMTII
Seiko GMT
Garmin Tactix Charlie (the one I am wearing now)
Seiko Diver automatic (very old, wore it in the Army)
Seiko Diver digital (bought a pawn shop, never would seal)
Timex GMT (pretty old one, got off eBay)
a few others to include one of the "Hemi" watches NCG sold

As you can tell, I like GMT and auto watches which stems from my Army days. Initially (when I was really broke) I wore whatever I could afford, later on I got the Seiko divers watch as that was what all the "cool" guys wore; got it off another guy that found it. When I got into Special Forces I needed a Rolex and ended up buying a GMT from a guy in the unit, wore it for 3 or so years and then traded it for a rifle. I really wanted the all black GMT and found one in 94 in a pawn shop, got it rebuilt and wore it for about 7 years then gave it to my son for graduation and I bought myself a new GMT II all black.

I never get rid of any of them. I am not really looking for anything although I really would like to have a Omega Planet Ocean GMT and perhaps a Ball GMT.

I got a Rolex from some rich lesbian friends for my last birthday... :D

I guess they got the wrong idea when they asked me what I wanted and I told them, "I wanna watch".... :rolleyes:

I reckon you all have heard about the Rolex a guy had appraised at that auction show on PBS? He had a Rolex similar to the one Paul Newman wore, except his was a rarer edition to boot and was appraised at around 1/2 MILLION or possibly another $100 or $200k! He bought it in '74 for around $300 bucks, a lot of coin then, but holy ca-molly chit what a smart buy that was. Can't ever recall a watch valued at anywhere within miles of this one. It's on utube.

I saw that, it was a Rolex Daytona he bought at a USAF PX but it was too nice to wear so he put it away. They valued it at $800K as I recall.

Auto Transport Service
Back