• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lets see your kill switches!

dangina

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
looking at moving the battery to the back on my 71 runner - where did you guys mount your kill switches? Lets see them pics!

in the bumper on the roadrunner
roadrunneroct11001.jpg

under the bumper on the dart
P5210121.jpg

Mine is not built yet but here's what I plan. NHRA says if it's a push pull switch, it must be pushed for "off." FINE

I'm going to build a rod to actuate the switch, which is a sliding sleeve over the top of a rod. In other words, you can push the know IN to kill the switch, but if you pull it back out, all that happens is the sleeve/ knob slides out a short distance, but does not actuate the switch. I'll have to open the trunk to turn it on.

This will make a GREAT anti theft measure. No power, and you'd have to get into the trunk.

Something on this order with a sleeve sliding over a rod. A simple collar on the sleeve near the outer wall will keep it coming clear out

fetch

I ended up doing this for now, I have no plans for drag racing , But in case I do decide to, Its already in the back!

20150408_183753_zpswxgqgycb.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back