• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets start a real life shop tour thread

One day when I’m done with this project, I’d like to clean my shop up to be more of a man cave than a fab shop.

I like the video.. might have to do the same, it puts things in better prospective seeing it on video. Love the build:thumbsup:
Good eye, It’s a 2001 CR500. I’m 62 years old and still love to ride. It’s the 4th 500 I’ve had over the years and you’re right it’s a handful. It only goes out a couple times a year. I have a CRF250x that I ride more.

View attachment 715218
A herniated disc shut me down, might get it taken care of someday and get another bike but stay off the motorcross tracks lol.

I like the video.. might have to do the same, it puts things in better prospective seeing it on video. Love the build:thumbsup:

A herniated disc shut me down, might get it taken care of someday and get another bike but stay off the motorcross tracks lol.
If I had a selfie stick, I’d do a personal shop tour and explain a bunch of things, lol. I didn’t even show the bathroom, heating system or engine room cuz the place is trashed. I really wish I had those nice floors you did! I’d have to grind mine to do it at this point.

3 Cars stuffed in a 2 car garage. No insulation so the heat goes right out through the walls. what the Hell summer is coming
View attachment 397502 View attachment 397503 View attachment 397504 View attachment 397505

View attachment 397496 View attachment 397497 View attachment 397498 View attachment 397499

Nice Cozy shop that is. Ever wonder where everything would go if you ever moved? I never wondered that until a about 7 months ago when I started figuring it out as I just relocated to Virginia for my work after Christmas! It was H@!! figuring out how to get it all in a moveable condition and boxed up just to move it all into a storage garage because of renting an Apt till we found a home. About to move again now into a home we just found w/2-car garage thats finally tall enough for a lift like yours haha. And the beat goes on......

Got my new to me oil furnace installed. Can't believe it, but one full day of leaving the fan on has totally changed the breathing factor in the shop thanks to filtered air. Also so much nicer a heat than the old 6KW electric trying to warm the place up and as I get older I have less desire to cut and split wood for gramma's old parlor stove! lol Been looking for awhile for something to retrofit, as my house oil tanks are already in the shop. This one popped up on the local buy and sell... already set up for a shop with a powerless direct vent that just uses the burner fan to draw outside air and blow out the smoke. Currently just mounted on top of my filing cabinets, but I did get the hanging rods with the furnace if I ever want to change that... which I doubt.

View attachment 693342
As an update, installing this oil furnace (compared to same period last year) lowered my hydro bill by $240/month not running that 6KW heater to keep the shop at 52F and only raised my oil usage by about $90/month. I am also keeping my shop at about 64F as well. So much nicer in the shop, clean air... can open a garage door and have immediate heat recovery vs waiting hours.... and the bonus I have a paint baker now! LOL

I've purchased a few $5 household electric/oil heaters at thrift shops and yards sales.

They are incredibly efficient, and yes I said five dollars.

grays-radiant-heaters-hd904-a7q-64_1000.jpg

A few more pics of my shop. Siding is almost complete. Hoping to finish interior when spring arrives. I will have to move all the toys outside.

72F1029D-D9CF-4FAB-844C-8A6EF95837E3.jpeg 76D2A1D5-0B8D-455A-B3AE-B8D0AD4BC77D.jpeg 3271946E-A21D-43CC-B56F-564C54573DC3.jpeg 14E62CB3-2E42-4630-A8F1-727A4724A82F.jpeg EF35D1B4-5EF1-47D7-A598-8BA8B91CEC26.jpeg

I went from a 1.5 car to a 2 car and would love to add on to it. Here is my shop in all its messy glory

Starting on the right is my compressor, work bench and toolbox.
20190323_164915.jpg

Another work bench for longer stuff like the Dana 60 and you can just see the tailshaft of the Viper T6 sticking out. You have to have a Harbor Freight blast cabnet converted to a top opening
20190323_164926.jpg

Wash tank ,cherry picker Mig welder Slip roll break and shear combo in the corner. The 440 peeking out behind the grinder.
20190323_164936.jpg

storage and the shop dog. on the end is the 20 ton shop press and chop saw I did a walk around the car. at least I can walk around the car in this Garage.
20190323_164944.jpg

It may be a bit tight but magic still happens in here or at least alot of cut, fit, grind, weld, repete.

Auto Transport Service
Back