• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lifter oiling

StreetWedge65

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Why would hydraulic lifter manufacturers(comp, crane, rhodes) list their lifter as good oiling for rockers when b/rb oil the rockers through the head? Is it just to cover different types of engines with one lifter?
Are these lifters (aka comp 822-16) suitable for b/rb engines? Or is there a better one to be looking at?

Last edited:
AMC lifters are the same as Mopar with pushrod oiling. Since no hydraulic flat tappet cams are used anymore in factory production cars, lifter selection is limited. As are lifter manufacturers.
Doug

I think the 822-16 is probably a good choice. I believe it can oil through the pushrod which is no problem. I think it more depends on whether you have or need the oiling style pushrods.
I think the original lifters did it anyway otherwise how would the lifter end pushrod ball have been oiled.
Use them but also use the oiling through the head to lubricate the rockers.

I am not a fan of Comp 822-16, had a few noisy ones. Next juice cam will get Crane anti pump ups.

Auto Transport Service
Back