• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List your trucks here.

Daily driver

IMG_2112.jpg

I've had the same truck since 11-2002. I ordered it, before they had all the pricing, but had all the ordering options 8-2002.
Cummins/6-speed, 2wd. It currently has 102K on it.

101_1387.jpg

post dually.jpg

101_1931.jpg

My car hauler and the Power Wagon I built.

IMG_3347.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG

My first truck, and also my first new vehicle - 1994 Dakota Sport Club Cab. I ordered it with just the options that I wanted and nothing else to keep the price down - 5.2L, 5-speed manual, SG, A/C, tilt/cruise, sliding rear window. I put a fiberglass shell on the bed not long after the photos were taken. I loved that truck but lusted over the 5.9L R/T's when those came out. Finally sold it to my BIL and bought an R/T in 2001.

1994-002.jpeg

2001 Dakota R/T Club Cab 5.9L, 4-spd auto. Purchased new off the lot with dealer installed 2-tone light/dark gray leather seats with R/T stitching in the high bucket and Mopar plastic bedliner.
PIC00002.JPG

The R/T developed transmission problems - front band wore out and scored the drum. The paint is dead on all the horizontal surfaces from 20+ yrs in the FL sun and the A/C quit working when it sat for 6 months while I decided what to do about the transmission, but it's still in good condition otherwise and it runs well. I wanted to keep it so I ended up installing a remanufactured transmission. It's primarily a farm truck used to haul yard debris to the curb, but I try to drive it to work at least once a week.

20221001_094307.jpg

My current daily is a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab black-out edition equipped with a tow package.

20190728_160006.jpg

Here is my shop truck/parts runner. Got it at farm auction a few years ago. Original paint 318 poly.

100_0003.JPG

My first truck, and also my first new vehicle - 1994 Dakota Sport Club Cab. I ordered it with just the options that I wanted and nothing else to keep the price down - 5.2L, 5-speed manual, SG, A/C, tilt/cruise, sliding rear window. I put a fiberglass shell on the bed not long after the photos were taken. I loved that truck but lusted over the 5.9L R/T's when those came out. Finally sold it to my BIL and bought an R/T in 2001.

View attachment 1667387

2001 Dakota R/T Club Cab 5.9L, 4-spd auto. Purchased new off the lot with dealer installed 2-tone light/dark gray leather seats with R/T stitching in the high bucket and Mopar plastic bedliner.
View attachment 1667389

The R/T developed transmission problems - front band wore out and scored the drum. The paint is dead on all the horizontal surfaces from 20+ yrs in the FL sun and the A/C quit working when it sat for 6 months while I decided what to do about the transmission, but it's still in good condition otherwise and it runs well. I wanted to keep it so I ended up installing a remanufactured transmission. It's primarily a farm truck used to haul yard debris to the curb, but I try to drive it to work at least once a week.

View attachment 1667415

My current daily is a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab black-out edition equipped with a tow package.

View attachment 1667416
Your rust free Dakota R/T in Wisconsin is worth at least $7k. Miles don't matter.
Those are basically unobtainium up here in the salt.
Actually it makes me cry a little inside seeing it being "worked" for something besides righteous burnouts.

Your rust free Dakota R/T in Wisconsin is worth at least $7k. Miles don't matter.
Those are basically unobtainium up here in the salt.
Actually it makes me cry a little inside seeing it being "worked" for something besides righteous burnouts.
I can tell you that it doesn't really feel right to use such a vehicle in that manner, but the lower bed height and plastic liner make it sooo much easier to load/unload than the Ram with Rhino liner. Plus, I tell myself it's still a truck and I'm not really hurting it.

Anything really heavy goes into the Ram because it has almost 2x the load rating.

Course we all have our preferences, but just MO, can name so many vehicles over the decades where the design peaked before it ebbed from one gen to the next. For the Dakota/Durango’s, yours was in the peak. Had an ’02 Dakota Sport I never got tired of looking at before getting the 1st year of the next gen Dakota, I like it a lot, still have it hoping it’s my last truck, but just not quite as much as the prior gen body style.

Course we all have our preferences, but just MO, can name so many vehicles over the decades where the design peaked before it ebbed from one gen to the next. For the Dakota/Durango’s, yours was in the peak. Had an ’02 Dakota Sport I never got tired of looking at before getting the 1st year of the next gen Dakota, I like it a lot, still have it hoping it’s my last truck, but just not quite as much as the prior gen body style.
This was the '03 2500 that I had before I bought the '03 Dakota. Same color combo. You might say that I like to recycle Dodge trucks.
20180912_130939.jpg

I had a '92 that I lowered using a great kit. Didn't change anything but the height. Then my son and I did a custom paint job on it.
20201222_201645.jpg

20201222_203024.jpg

20201222_201620.jpg

The '87 that I had. Last of the square front ends. The way a truck should look.
Screenshot_20240523_191914_Gallery.jpg

I hear the 6.4 is thirsty?
Normal local (empty, easy) driving, I'm getting 14 -15mpg. Last trip out of town (4 1/2hrs each way) I saw 18+mpg. Pulling my buddies 10K lb boat, I saw 11mpg. With 4.10 gears... I'm not complaining.

Does anyone else have a old 4 door long bed ? I have an 84 from the Forestry Service.

My new to me F150. Just put the cap on and installed the bed rug liner.

367C6C18-587E-42F3-8FB5-8C3F30735413.jpeg

20240602_140112.jpg

This is just like my everyday cruiser, even the same color. Except mines a long box. And no sports cladding, facia. Smaller wheels. Side exhaust, but behind the tire. Rust.
But otherwise the same :popcorn2:

I only read the OPs post and stopped right there. Are these trucks u fantasied about or trucks u said u had? Be realistic and post pics of your trucks if u have any that is. You want every else to post their rides. MFG man buck up. Kim

Auto Transport Service
Back