• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lithium Ion Size 24 underhood battery - XS Power (7lbs!!)

Good feedback from someone who has used one Biomedtechguy!
All of you please read up on the Li-ion performance in cold temps. Not all Li-ion batteries are the same and some fare better than others in this regard. From what I have read, the XS Li-ion battery we've been discussing here should not suffer from that issue due to the type of cell packs they use in the design.

I have checked my under hood temps and so far have only seen about 120 F at the battery--granted it's not the middle of summer but we have had mid 80s
Got a few of these Bluetooth temp/humidity sensors and placed them in various spots under the hood-- so easy being wireless now.
Here's a screenshot -
View attachment 1278083
I measured under hood temps a few weeks ago with my laser temp gun after driving for 20 minutes in 80F weather, parked at idle with hood closed for 5 minutes, then measured temp. I was surprised that nothing near the battery tray up front was over 125F. At speeds faster than idle it may be even a bit cooler.

I measured under hood temps a few weeks ago with my laser temp gun after driving for 20 minutes in 80F weather, parked at idle with hood closed for 5 minutes, then measured temp. I was surprised that nothing near the battery tray up front was over 125F. At speeds faster than idle it may be even a bit cooler.
So far this summer everything has been great with this battery. I did notice the temps around my battery creeping closer to the 140F mark--only after running to full operating temp and then parking in direct sunlight with no wind/airflow.
Anyway I decided to add a thermal barrier similar to what is used on some newer Chrysler products.
IMG_4776.JPEG
IMG_4777.JPEG

So far this summer everything has been great with this battery. I did notice the temps around my battery creeping closer to the 140F mark--only after running to full operating temp and then parking in direct sunlight with no wind/airflow.
Anyway I decided to add a thermal barrier similar to what is used on some newer Chrysler products.View attachment 1326302View attachment 1326303
can you share where you sourced the thermal barrier? Was it in sheet form and you wrapped it or was it pre-formed? Is that just bubble wrap, or??

We've got another alternate to the XS Power XV2400. The XV2400 is Lithium Titanate.
This other one is made by Antigravity batteries and uses Lithium Iron Phoshate. Both of these materials are extremely safe. I like that the Antigravity group 24 battery is offered in several different Amp-hour and cranking amp options. They also have a built in jump-starter reserve battery inside. Several hundred more than the XV2400, but I like what I'm seeing
Group-24 Lithium Car Battery

Antigravity Group-24 Lithium Car Battery​

$749.99 – $949.99

• Group 24 OEM Automotive Case size (directly replace stock battery).
  • LxWxH: 10.25 x 6.85 x 8.75 inches.
  • Amp Hour Options: 30 Ah, 40 Ah, or 60 Ah.
  • High Power: 30Ah=1200CA, 40Ah=1500CA, 60Ah=1800 Cranking Amps.
  • Exclusive RE-START Technology: Wireless Jump-Starting built-in; just press the button on your Keyfob remote.
  • Complete Battery Management System built-in.
  • Ultra Lightweight: Drop up to 40 lbs instantly! 70% lighter than lead.
  • Safest Battery Technology using full BMS and Lifepo4 Lithium chemistry.

Last edited:
Here's a re-post of the safety test comparison. They did a great job on this video.

Auto Transport Service
Back