• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little rubber/plastic plugs

Satellite65

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I'm simplifying my engine wiring by using a Denso alternator and an MSD Ready-To-Run distributor. There's going to be some holes in the firewall where the Mopar ECU, ballast resistor and regulator used to be. Anyone have any ideas as to where I could find plugs to fill these holes?

Thanks, but I'm not looking for grommets (although I will bookmark those links).

What I'm looking for are small plugs to fill the holes where the mounting screws for the ECU (orange box), Voltage reg and ballast resistor used to go into. Just don't want the firewall to look like swiss cheese and it's already painted nice so welding them closed is out.

Also though about leaving the old components mounted on the firewall with dummy wires going to them so it still looks stock.

Any thoughts?

I found these, this one showed is the smallest (3/16) and in part the description of them. link below,,,, Good luck.

HolePlugs-5mmor3-16inch.gif
<<TOP VIEW>>

"Plastic Hole Plugs are the perfect product to cover holes in a variety of projects. Several sizes are available to fit hole diameters of 3/16", 5mm, 1/4", 8mm, 5/16", 10mm, 3/8", 12mm and 1/2". Suitable for Appliances, Signs, Motorcycles, Buses, Recreation Vehicles, Cars, Trucks, Boats, Marine"

http://www.widgetco.com/hole-plugs

I have seen these plugs in kits, with different sizes in the box to fit almost anything. I have a kit that I think I bought off ebay.

Auto Transport Service
Back