• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

little scared to ask.....

Should bolt right on as the bolt pattern is just a tad bigger....5x115 vs. your factory 5x4.5. Double check what the metric converts to.

Do you plan on elongating the wheel holes or just tightening the studs until they bend into place ? I'm not sure close enough works in this situation. My 2 cents.
dunno.gif

They will work, it will have just a smidgen of wiggle room around the studs....until the nuts are tightened.

4.5" vs. 115 mm is a difference of .028" on the bolt circle diameter. If the lug nut thread fit is a class 2A and 2B there may be enough room in the thread interface to take up more of the difference but I wouldn't count on that solving the problem.

If the lug nut is a straight shank then I'd consider turning down the OD of the shank .028" on the diameter. If a taper seat then the nut will find center and slightly bend the stud in the process.

The biggest concern is, and has not been mentioned is the offset of the new Challenger rims is nothing like the offset of the stock, or aftermarket offset. Today's wheels are pushed out to fill the wheelwell for air flow purposes. They may 'fit' but, they will look like turds!

There are a few guys over on FABO that have converted to the late model rims but I do not recall if they had to do anything special and also there is also a 114 bolt circle on the late model rims......might want to do a search over there and see what they did.

Do what looks good to you. You can consider other opinions,but don't let that be the rule. Maybe you know someone that can photo shop the wheels onto a pic of your car.

my 70 belvedere has 20s in the rear and 18s in the front..there boss 338 rims...the guy i bought car from just put them on it right before i bought the car... clearance wise they fit great and look pretty good...they dont stick out or anything...they tuck right up into the wheel wells..there 9 or 10 in wide..i wasnt sure about them when i first got the car but i like them now, there growing on me...if u get the right back spacing they will fit like a glove..

I have the same set only powder coated black on 73 Satellite. I had to use spacers front and back to get the offset to clear. Its been a lil bit of work to make all fit but its doable, at least on 73/74s.

For the record I was very hesitant to use them but my son suggested we try them. They certainly fill the wheel wells and I set the stance down 2" all the way around. The car does look pretty good and the black wheels give it a road race look. Turns heads anyway.

Plus those wheels really arent that expensive.

DOH!! I just checked the price on those and their listed at $1000 plus a set!! I paid $159 each through another vendor NEW!!

Richie

Josh, do you know the back spacing? That would look good!
Richie, I did the same...did a search and thought, DAMN! :D But they do look nice......

thanks to all!

Jaab

If you decide to use them please post pics. Id like to see what the chrome versions look like as well.

Richie

Auto Transport Service
Back