• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lizard skin

I saved some sound control for inside the doors and some ceramic insulation for possibly the underside of the hood......other than that, the lizard skin phase of this job is over; and it's a ton easier and nicer than dealing with dynamat..... If it does what they say, it's awesome stuff

the sound control is very dense, hard as a rock, and paint friendly after a couple days...... the ceramic insulation is light and not very hard; although paintable, I would not recommend it on a high traffic area such as the trunk.

the sound control also made my trunk pan look like a million bucks, I will definitely be using Lizard Skin again

Last edited:
Great, just another thing I'll have to do with my Charger. :lol:

If you do it inside, a dehumidifier and fan will help with the drying.

wow........ just another forum thread destroyed by photobucket, ******* scumbags could have just used their new policy going forward, but no

**** you photobucket, eat a dick!........maybe I will come back and fill in the pics when I get a chance, everything is on another computer

IMG_20170916_005446.jpg
IMG_20170916_005909.jpg
IMG_20170916_010001.jpg
View attachment 515151
IMG_20170916_010029.jpg
IMG_20170916_010314.jpg

Yeah photo-fuckit is about to implode. Nothing like pissing off millions of people.

You remind me - I need to update my homemade lizard skin thread... it worked fantastic - i don't talk on the phone normally when I drive, but I tested it by talking on the phone at idle and at speed. Huge improvement even with the bigger faster louder (?) 451 vs the 413.

2012-10-12_16-37-16_590.jpg
2012-10-14_14-03-20_774.jpg
2012-10-14_14-03-33_596.jpg
Been in my 65 for 4 Yrs lays down nice and works as advertised

Never sprayed the ceramic. It's the white right. It looks awesome. You say it's softer. Like rubbery?? Also it looks like you painted over it. How did you prep it before.

Never sprayed the ceramic. It's the white right. It looks awesome. You say it's softer. Like rubbery?? Also it looks like you painted over it. How did you prep it before.

no, i painted over the sound deadner...... I didnt use the ceramic coating where i was gonna paint..... I used the sound deadner everywhere and put the ceramic on top as per instructions..... where i painted over the sound deadner, I just used a light coat of epoxy primer as an adhesion promoter....... the ceramic isn't rubbery, and eventually got pretty hard; but it is very light and not as tough as the sound deadner.

You say it's softer. Like rubbery??

I made my own version of the lizard skin and it turned out a bit rubbery. Not a good, durable bed-liner type surface, more like undercoating almost. WOrks great as a sound deadener but I see why they hit it with the ceramic top coat.

the ceramic topcoat is a heat insulator...... I used it pretty heavy on the floors, firewall, and trans tunnel, also on the roof where the sun beats down

wow........ just another forum thread destroyed by photobucket, ******* scumbags could have just used their new policy going forward, but no

took a while, but photobucket did the right thing

Auto Transport Service
Back