• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lock plate pin removal tool

Scot1952

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
I am looking to rent or buy the Mopar special tool C-4113 to remove the solid steel pin holding on the lock plate on the steering column of a 1974 Dodge charger. The pin has been in there for about 50 years and I cant find any way to remove it without the special tool. Here is a pic. :
charger tool C-4113.jpg

If your within driving distance to the Sacramento area, i will let you borrow mine.

If your within driving distance to the Sacramento area, i will let you borrow mine.
Oh WOW that's really nice of you. I am in Thousand Oaks CA in Southern CA. However my nephew lives in the Sacramento Area. I could have him pick it up and mail it to me, I would be willing to give you a deposit to insure its safe and prompt return? I did rig up a C Clamp solution but it wont budge. Maybe if I applied some heat? Thanks again.

I'm going to pass.
Sounds like it's gotten too complicated, to follow through.
If you got a pin that's super tight, as you say, i'm concerned about getting my tool back, without damage.
Good luck, however you figure out your dilemma.

I'm going to pass.
Sounds like it's gotten too complicated, to follow through.
If you got a pin that's super tight, as you say, i'm concerned about getting my tool back, without damage.
Good luck, however you figure out your dilemma.
Oh sorry to hear that. Any idea where I can rent rent or buy one. Thanks

Oh sorry to hear that. Any idea where I can rent rent or buy one. Thanks
That Miller Special Tool has been obsolete for decades.
Gotta find an old guy like me, that even knows what that tool is.
If you didn't picture one, I'll bet 95% of the people clicking on your ad wouldn't know what your looking for.

Have a look at the Cuda Cody E body steering column disassembly videos on YouTube he may offer a simple solution to your problem.
They are very well done videos.

That Miller Special Tool has been obsolete for decades.
Gotta find an old guy like me, that even knows what that tool is.
If you didn't picture one, I'll bet 95% of the people clicking on your ad wouldn't know what your looking for.
Need to find one somewhere. The manual says in BIG black letters not to punch it out but I dont know why.

You might be able to find one if you start a wanted thread in the marketplace forums. "Other stuff for sale or wanted" would be the place to start.

Thanks Mike but I don't have the fabrication tools.
The only reason I need the tool is to get to the ignition lock to clean it. It is very sticky probably due to the WD-40 that has been sprayed into it over the years.

The only reason I need the tool is to get to the ignition lock to clean it. It is very sticky probably due to the WD-40 that has been sprayed into it over the years.
Spray the heck out of it with brake clean. It will dissolve the WD out of there. If the previous owner kept spraying it there was a issue that needs to be fixed. Something that lube won't help.

Auto Transport Service
Back