• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lock rods

Gregg DeGeorge

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
hello Finally got my car painted,trying to get the small door lock rod off ,it goes through a square clip ,tryed prying it squeeze it dosnt seem to want to come off ,it’s a 68 Roadrunner Rh dr think I put the wrong rod on now it’s stuck bottom side we’re it goes into lock mechanism thanks Gregg

not sure doesn't the clip slid down the rod to remove the rod ?

Yea, try sliding the clip off the end of the mechanism.

Yea, try sliding the clip off the end of the mechanism.
Thanks i tried everything last night it doesn't slide because rod goes through clip which is on that rectangle pc of linkage should have been a quick little job ,think i mixed up rh and rod

This one?

IMG_0888.JPG

There's a rectangular one in there, latch to key lock, that just slides back about 1.5x the diameter of the rod and the rod lifts out, clip stays on the linkage. You have to lift it up at the front, to clear the lock tab, and then slide back.
beerestoration2019 2881.JPG

Last edited:
They all seem to work the same ... you pry up one side to disengage the locking tab. When I took mine apart I was in there with a small screwdriver at times.

There's a rectangular one in there, latch to key lock, that just slides back about 1.5x the diameter of the rod and the rod lifts out, clip stays on the linkage. You have to lift it up at the front, to clear the lock tab, and then slide back.
View attachment 774026
Thanks for your help just got it installed
Right

Auto Transport Service
Back