• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 727 rebuild/upgrade parts ideas.

Nice thing about the 8.75 rear, you can swap in a 2.91 pumpkin in about an hour. Stock in my Bee was 3:23, but back in the day I’d swap from 3.91 in town to 2.91 for the long road trips. Averaged 80+ on many of them. Honestly 3:23’s were fine for sustained 75, but when I was a sh*t for brains kid, 75 was too slow Running 3.73’s today.

I've seen pros recommending don't wash it until its disassembled.

The 518 pan has plenty of ground clearance. In refernce above. No need for a 5 pinion planet. If you run a valve body with low band apply the stock low roller clutch (sprag) will be fine. As long as the rollers are smooth I reuse them. The economy bolt in sprags are designed for case repair. They offer no advantage. The TF2 shift kit offers options of different levels of shifts and is resonably priced at Summit $75.
Doug
I washed and disassembled already, just trans fluid inside, I think it worked out for me. Turns out it already has a four pinion planetary, 4 friction discs, 9 springs in forward drum and a 3.2 band apply lever. I think I'll order a set of springs and use 12, a 3.8 band apply lever, a 1 1/8" filter extension and maybe a billet spring retainer for the low/reverse spring retainer. Could you share your thoughts on this Doug (dvw), I'd appreciate it, please and thank you.
Chris

I guess I'll hijack this thread for a brief question.I recently put this pan kit on my bone stock 68 NewYorker, came with filter extension, anyone near my location for a drive-in trans rebuild in the future? A stock rebuild w/minor upgrade would be my goal.

DSC07157.JPG

DSC07100.JPG

DSC06333.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back