• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for help putting this baby together

1970_Charger

Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Well, I acquired a shell of a 1970 Charger with quite a few modifications and am beginning a long road putting it all back together - lots and lots of bits and pieces missing and so I have to warn you, many questions will be coming as Mopar is actually something new to me.
:eek:ops:

thanks,

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 171
Thanks... like a mirror! Problem is most of the parts, especially the front is one year only and I'm missing a lot. Not sure what to do with the grille... and there is no trace of any wiring. There is a 440 magnum under the hood, completely upgraded plus rebuilt and upgraded 727 transmission... all that hooked up to Hooker headers and SS exhaust. Wilwood brakes but no pump - might have to look-up hydro-boosters as regular booster might not have enough vacuum.

Oh well... fun begins.

Nice car................you are going to find this expensive.

You have the perfect car to do a custom vs resto.

If you buy a crashed modern car you can come out ahead on many parts.

It's going to be semi-custom - there's only so much I can do and trust me, it already cost me an arm and a leg. Looking forward though to the long wintry nights in the garage.
:)

I'll gladly help with what I can, I bought a basket case as well and thanks to these guys had no trouble putting it back together. I'd recommend upgrading the harness since it's MIA to something from Ron Francis, American Autowire or Painless and get the benefit of more citcuits and modern style fuses. Looks great, can't wait to see this one done!

It's going to be semi-custom - there's only so much I can do and trust me, it already cost me an arm and a leg. Looking forward though to the long wintry nights in the garage.

Good thing you have 2 arms and 2 legs..............well......one of each now, but you will have to spend those too.
Gonna be a bitch wrenching with no arms and legs.........

That's the one thing I love about winter, nothing better to do than fire the woodburner and do some wrenching.

well, I've got a propane heater but that would do... garage is attached to the house and is well insulated.

as for arm and a leg, I always keep a few spare ones around here so that should be no problemo.

That's going to be one sweet ride. I love a black charger. Welcome to the forum. You ca. Bet there's a lot of support you'll find on this site. Guys/Girls are great.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

cool 70 Charger project, good luck & Happy Moparing

Auto Transport Service
Back