• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Insight & Wisdom for my NSS Ride.

Ok the WOT is fixed, I heated the pedal side of the belcrank and moved it about 1.50" towards the cable side of the crank its perfect at 2.250" pull length! I also reinforced both sides. and installed a new Mr. Gasket Cable that is a thicker cable than the previous one.

Last edited:
Ok the next issue... I pulled the trans to fix a minor leak at the convertor. Looks to have a Frank Lupo convertor, Anyone know how to ID them?

9" convertor

The numbers are :

RS31081002

1708PST083S

The previous owner also left a message on the back of the engine that spiked my curiosity! See Photo

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7514.jpg

IMG_7515.jpg

Beautiful car!! I'm sure you are aware of this but make sure your cable and the pedal are at the farthest pull at WOT. Otherwise you will pull against the throttle plates and eventually stretch or even break the cable. Worse case, you can cause the carbs aluminum base to egg out at the throttle shaft.
As for your cooling issue, every car is different and chasing that issue is frustrating. What works for one guy may or may not work for you. I went through the same things you are dealing with and I can only tell you of my situation. My problem was cured by a good fan with a shroud. I originally went with a shallow shroud with 2 fans but the shroud was too close to the core and yes, I tried a couple different radiators ($$$). I ended up with a Flex-a-lite Black magic setup. I had the clearance for it. The shroud was deeper and covered the whole radiator. I can come back the return road on a hot day at 180. Problem solved.

Auto Transport Service
Back