• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For LED headlights for 76 Cordoba

real0803

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about upgrading my 76 Cordoba headlights to LEDs . I do not want anything to fancy, no halo or anything like that .I want brighter lights , just plain glass look for the four lights . So the outer lights are 7 inches and the inner ones are 5 inches . Let me know if I am wrong I haven't measured them . If you guys know any links to some decent sets , please let me know

Screenshot_20240303_092056_Gallery.jpg

Look into dapper lighting. You can get them without halos and are made very nice.

"I want brighter lights"

Then you become part of the problem IMO. What you really should desire is to see better, by taking whatever light you have, no matter how bright, and directing it towards the roadway, thru better optics, and not into oncoming driver's eyes, should be the goal. Simply having brighter lights to offset the oncoming car's "brighter lights", is a "fools errand" in the long run. They are plently of "brighter" LED's already on the road, most of them by owners that could less about blinding oncoming drivers with their "brighter lights". BTW, color temp is only an issue when light is not focused/aimed efficiently, as noted above, ie color temp not the problem.
Choose wisely.

Well I'm only looking into options because when I turn on my headlights the voltage goes from 13.9V to 12.9V I wanted to put less strain on the electrical .

The outers are the headlamps. Get a quality lamp and be sure they are aimed correctly.

Well I'm only looking into options because when I turn on my headlights the voltage goes from 13.9V to 12.9V I wanted to put less strain on the electrical .
A worthy goal, and LED's will achieve that, now that so many have already upgraded to a headlight relay system to basically try and achieve the same goal (myself included).:(

Wanted brighter headlights for my 70RR, shopped around and decided on the Holley retrobrights..
Yes they are pricey but well worth it, installed them and very pleased...
Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Holley_LEDs.jpg

Many of the LED lamp units require you to cut the lamp bucket for them to fit in due to the mass behind the lens. When I was cruising SEMA last year, I was looking at the units from Dapper and the rep clued me in on an interesting tidbit. Along being able to custom order them for the Halo color, use for signals etc, they do not require cutting up the bucket.

Many of the LED lamp units require you to cut the lamp bucket for them to fit in due to the mass behind the lens. When I was cruising SEMA last year, I was looking at the units from Dapper and the rep clued me in on an interesting tidbit. Along being able to custom order them for the Halo color, use for signals etc, they do not require cutting up the bucket.
Note the previously mentioned Holley retrobrights do not require any modifications or cutting of the headlight buckets..
Their rear side is shallow and provides a nice heatsink.

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Or get the headlight relay kit thu Crackedback and brighten the ones you already have.
Or buy new Halogen headlights and use them with the relay kit.
Here is what halogens look like with the relay kit.

Bright lights.jpg

I bought the low and high beams from Walmart.

Or get the headlight relay kit thu Crackedback and brighten the ones you already have.
Or buy new Halogen headlights and use them with the relay kit.
Here is what halogens look like with the relay kit.

View attachment 1623380
I bought the low and high beams from Walmart.
So if you get this kit will stop the voltage drop ?im insee some on Amazon im not sure what to get . Send me the link of where you purchased yours .

I just discovered this LED light:
https://www.grainger.com/product/41...bc624d64f126172b33db288eaafc7e76&gclsrc=3p.ds

I have used and installed Grote LED 5x7 in a few of my class 6-7 trucks, and have been extremely impressed with color, intensity and mostly optics/beam control, Buit pricey but still worthwhile IMO.
I did not know they were making a 7" LED. nothing says it will be as worthy as the 5x7, but I am willing and going to try them.
Grote is not some offshore flash in the pan vendor. They do have a good reputation.
I am not suggesting Grainger as the source

edit: Summit has in stock $185/ea 90941-5

Last edited:
So if you get this kit will stop the voltage drop ?im insee some on Amazon im not sure what to get . Send me the link of where you purchased yours .
1 thing to keep in mind...
LED headlights depend more on current than voltage...
So no relay kit is required, also note they draw significantly less current than a halogen or incadescent bulb...

Just my $0.02...

1 thing to keep in mind...
LED headlights depend more on current than voltage...
So no relay kit is required, also note they draw significantly less current than a halogen or incadescent bulb...

Just my $0.02...
Well I want to get that relay kit and keep my stock headlights . If it's better to get LED's then I might just do that .

Auto Transport Service
Back