• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For LED headlights for 76 Cordoba

Well I want to get that relay kit and keep my stock headlights . If it's better to get LED's then I might just do that .
If U want to keep things stock and use the OE headlights, then the relay kit when wired properly does restore higher voltage to the OE headlights. The factory wiring harness does have about a 1.0V-1.5V loss which will cause the OE headlights to be slightly dimmer. Again as I have posted previously in various threads, I drive at nite frequently and was not happy with the briteness of the factory OE headlights. For me though the Holley retrobrites are pricey, they are significantly brighter and have a wider, light output disperion than the OE headlights. Plus being the LEDs are a lower current draw, no relay kit and/or rewiring is required..

Just my $0.02...

Or get the headlight relay kit thu Crackedback and brighten the ones you already have.
Or buy new Halogen headlights and use them with the relay kit.
Here is what halogens look like with the relay kit.

View attachment 1623380
I bought the low and high beams from Walmart.
IMO, I have seen many well intentioned pics like above, meant to be informative., but coming up a bit short. First, I believe we all can agree at some point all headlights are working, two, there is no way a screen shot viewed on a computer monitor can indicate intensity, etc of a headlight, and three this is again IMO, any way indicate the actual beam pattern.
The more useful solution I believe is, take a picture of the headlights working, properly aimed at a blank, preferably white wall, from say a known and noted distance of say 50'?, and include anything of visible size in the pic against the wall, to get a sense of scale, like a broom, a tire, etc. and if you want to get real fancy, also include a single sheet of white notebook paper to help a tiny bit with color temp distinction for the viewer.
I am not singling out 71beeper here.

No worries j-c-c-62.
Once my Runner is finished I can certainly take some photos like you mentioned.

The reason I went with a relay kit was that I had done the same thing on my wife's Mini and it made a world of difference.
On the Mini - the headlight electrical circuit is the same as Mopars - all the voltage goes thru the headlight switch before going to the headlights.
On a long drive with the headlights on the headlight switch on/off trigger melted in the on position, I had to disconnect the battery to turn the headlights off. After that little episode, I decided it needs a relay kit.

With Mopars, battery current goes thru the bulkhead and thru the headlight switch and then back to the headlights.
The relay kit by-passes the battery power to the relays, then the headlight switch just becomes that - just a switch to activate the relays.

Now, I must admit I did not purchase the kit that Crackedback has available. I did not know of his kit till long after I bought mine.
This is the one I bought.
https://www.amazon.ca/LEDKITO-Headl...8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Yes it has cheap China made relays.
In future if this one gives me any issues, I will purchase Crackedback's kit.

To the OP, I do have pictures of the actual relay kit - it's in the my projects thread.
Here's the link.
My 1971 Road runner

Near the bottom of the page you will see it along with were I installed it on the car (behind the drivers side headlight housing).

Brightness is not the problem. Older Aftermarket led, and other “super bright” lights like those xenon things that are retrofit to old housings just blind people. I haven’t looked at Holley or the others but hopefully they are an engineered projector and have that crisp line at the top of the beam like the ones that come on stock vehicles now.

Check bulk connector & "volt meter" (amp meter actually) connects 1st, high resistence points in electrical system, dropping voltage more then what @Sinitro stated. My Charger (caught fire!) & Cordoba had issues at these points.
Seperate relay kit great upgrade: Took 1989 S10 bulbs out, bought "glass lenses" from LMC truck (modern bulbs) work great. They have lenses for 5 & 7 1/2" found on C10s etc. No more "sealed" bulbs needed. Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back