• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for opinions for AN radiator hose conversion

tmaleck

Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score
The new shop is making progress on my 68 Charger. The engine and radiator are not stock. Black flex hose or the stainless flex versions A: look like crap B: look like crap. I've spent a ton on the engine bay and the motor and don't want to open the hood and see all that goodness connected with flex hose.
So I'm looking at going AN hose. I can readily find -20 (1 1/4" ID) hose and fittings. I seen some -24 stuff (1 1/2 ID) but it is scarce and double the price.
My question is -20 AN going to flow enough to keep my 440 cool. I have a 3 row Champion aluminum radiator with twin Spal fans on a custom shroud. I'm not racing or any real hard driving. I'm a bit concerned because the factory radiator used 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 hoses. Any thoughts?

Have you looked at Gates Power Grip clamps? I had to extend my top hose as my engine is set back 2 3/4" from stock.
Mike
IMG_2802.JPG

I went with -20 on mine for the upper and lower hoses just to be on the safe side. Car runs cooler than any of my other more stock-ish builds in my other cars with more than twice the power street driven.

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back