• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for wiper motor / switch diagnosis / rebuild.

jmbass98

Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Any reputable rebuilders on here able to see which of the two is the culprit in my wiper's intermittent functionality and rebuild it? (Parks at top, have to turn switch off for them to return to the down position, sometimes they'll stop half way and not work at all unless nudged, etc.)

1966 Charger 3-speed wipers.

That's what I was hoping, the wiper switches seem expensive. Thank you.

Any reputable rebuilders on here able to see which of the two is the culprit in my wiper's intermittent functionality and rebuild it? (Parks at top, have to turn switch off for them to return to the down position, sometimes they'll stop half way and not work at all unless nudged, etc.)

I can help you. I restore the motors and can rebuild the switches.
You can give me a call, text or send an email.
980 329 5938
[email protected]
Topher

I have experience rebuilding these switches. The common problem is hardening grease inside the switch and over heated contact on the reverse direction portion of switch. When you turn the switch off the direction of the motor reverses to allow the wipers to stop in the down position. I rebuild both motors and switches. If the motor is bad I replace it with a good unit. I have seen very few motors go bad. It's usually the switch or the "switching face plate" The rebuilding of the dash switch is not for beginners. If you need help you can message me and I will help you.

Auto Transport Service
Back